ART Reviews

Tink1017

Mouseketeer
Wondering what to expect on using the ART shuttle? We have only stayed walking distance before but have lots of Hilton points so looking at staying at one of their properties, probably in garden grove since they have more availability. Is it really bad at the end of the night waiting? Or long wait times to pick up due to over crowding on the bus? Should we just drive the rental and park?? We are not used to public transportation as we live in a more rural area, but are familiar with the Disney world buses. Is it similar to that?? Thanks so much!!

We have never used ART for hotel to park, but we use it each year from hotel to KBF and back and it’s always been on time and great! We did city metro one year at the advice of someone and it was a BIG mistake- been doing ART ever since and it’s easy, drivers are nice and helpful, it’s pretty clean for a bus and if you can hit a bit of off times (earlier then opening or wait for a bit after close of DLR) we’ve found the buses to be plenty of empty room

We used the ART a few years ago two different times, one good and one bad experience. On the good experience the bus was very crowded and we had to wait for a second bus several times but overall it wasn't bad. The next time the bus would rarely show up and when it did it was packed and only two or three people were allowed on. The odd thing was we were staying at the same hotel both trips. We had to get a cab more than once due to the ART on that trip and we decided we would never do it again. Check out the reviews for the ART bus on yelp.com to get a lot of good info. Some hotels get better service from the ART than others due to the bus routes but I couldn't tell you which ones. But at the end of the day its almost always a long wait to get the ART back to any hotel due to the crowds and limited buses.

ART has been hit or miss for us. Not sure there is a way to predict what experience you’ll get. We much preferred Uber when we weren’t local.

I would be fine with Uber but we have a toddler. In Orlando they have a Uber with a car seat option but it doesn’t seem like they have that in Anaheim right?

I would be fine with Uber but we have a toddler. In Orlando they have a Uber with a car seat option but it doesn’t seem like they have that in Anaheim right?
No. They don’t.

I’d stay somewhere closer. It’s not worth it. You wouldn’t even be able to take the toddler to your room for a break from the sensory overload.

We used our Hilton points at homewood suites convention center. Lovvvvve! Highly recommend. Free dinners Monday through thursday. Wonderful breakfast everyday.

We normally stay at Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort on Manchester. We use the ART every trip. Yes, it only comes every 1/2 hour. ART only serves that hotel and the Staybridge Suites right next to the Holiday Inn. I have really never had a problem and it is easy to get back when we have needed to. I think it is well worth it.

I think a lot depends on the route. We've stayed at the Worldmark a number of times, it's my parents, so the price, nearly free, is very hard to beat. Even so we cannot bring ourselves to stay there every time because ART is so hit or miss. We've personally never had a problem getting back at night, as in having to wait for a second bus. Last time we stayed, the very first morning we went to the parks we waited about 40 minutes on the sidewalk for the first bus. When you're standing on a sidewalk with kids excited for Disneyland that feels like an eternity. However, on the rest of our 5/6 day trip we had no other big problems like that. It can be okay most of the time, but problems like that do happen with some regularity.

We used ART twice this summer when We stayed at Hyatt Place. Where we stayed on Harbor you could take multiple busses to the park and it was simple and easy. I think we paid 15.00 for 5 days and the kids were free if you buy your pass through Getaway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter