Art of Animation 7 in 7

Peter Scheu

Earning My Ears
First of all, thanks to Pete & the Crew for the excellent overviews of these value and moderate resorts. While we have seen the outside of some of these from afar, it was great to REALLY see the inside of the rooms. We're going to have some difficulty making choices for our next visit!

But I did have something to share about AoA's food court, Landscape of Flavors...

We visited the AoA resort when we were at WDW in April of 2016 (we were staying at the Beach Club) just to check it out as it looked cool in all the advertising. We loved the theming and the pool was "better than OK." Took some of our best photos of the trip with the kids and the Cars characters. We chose to eat dinner at the food court and while we found the options and quality of the food to be much better than average than the other QS restaurants we had eaten at during our one week stay at WDW (yay!), there was one MAJOR drawback.

On top of the horrible acoustics in the space (very noisy), the volume of the "Disney Muzak" was absolutely overwhelming (presumably set high to be heard over the ambient hubbub)... So much so that we wanted to move outside, but it was starting to rain. After a time, it became unbearable (we couldn't even talk to each other at our table), so we found a Cast Member manager and mentioned it to her. She most definitely agreed the music was too loud and said that they had gotten numerous guest complaints, but merely stated that "Engineering" told her there was nothing they could do about it. As we were talking to her, other guests came up and complained about the same thing. Again... "Nothing we can do about it." Some guests said "just turn it off!" She said they couldn't do that...

So we hurried through our meal, grabbed some desserts to go, and ate them while we waited under the canopy at the bus stop for our return to the MK. Maybe that was the intent... Drive folks out so they can turn the tables around quicker...

I realize this may have been a "one off" incident, but surprisingly the Cast Members didn't seem to take any ownership of the problem whatsoever or even attempt to fix it. It was the only unsatisfying interaction we had with Cast Members at WDW, and the only real "negative" we experienced at WDW all that week..

Has anyone else experienced overly loud background music at Landscape of Flavors? Bad acoustics or overly loud music at any other WDW restaurants? We'd love to consider AoA as a possible option for our next visit, but not if they haven't figured out a way to control the music volume in the food court...

Not at WDW, but I worked in a Disney Store (in the UK) while at university and we had the same problem with loud music that could not be turned down. Maybe it’s all part of the same master plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter