Arrival Time for WOC Dessert Party?

Christin82

Mouseketeer
We have reservations for the dessert party at 9:15 on Friday 3/1. We are a party of 3 adults and two children. The email confirmation I received says it’s recommended to arrive an hour before the show. Does anyone know what time the show is likely to start?

Is it necessary to get there a full hour early if we aren’t particular about which seats we get? From what I’ve read, all the seats are pretty decent, and they have enough seats for all pre-paid guests. We have a 2-year-old and would like to avoid any unnecessary waiting. However, we don’t want to risk being marked a no-show, either.

When is the latest we can arrive without encountering any major problems?

As long as you check in before showtime, you won't be marked a no show. If you really don't care about where you are seated (and the seats are pretty much pre-assigned -- with some wiggle room), and you are correct that there really aren't any horrible seats, then you are fine to show up later. We once sat with someone who checked in about 10 minutes before the show and was seated with us in the first row. No problems. But she did have to eat her dessert in the dark while the show was going on. Will that be a problem? Maybe one of you could check in while the other adults take the kids on LM or another nearby ride or two? Then you can all meet up to go to your table. You will need wristbands, but you can get those when you all meet up.

As long as you check in before showtime, you won't be marked a no show. If you really don't care about where you are seated (and the seats are pretty much pre-assigned -- with some wiggle room), and you are correct that there really aren't any horrible seats, then you are fine to show up later. We once sat with someone who checked in about 10 minutes before the show and was seated with us in the first row. No problems. But she did have to eat her dessert in the dark while the show was going on. Will that be a problem? Maybe one of you could check in while the other adults take the kids on LM or another nearby ride or two? Then you can all meet up to go to your table. You will need wristbands, but you can get those when you all meet up.

Thank you so much! This is very helpful!

I would arrive 60 minutes early as they said, especially with a larger group. I would ask to sit at one of the high tables.

I have only done this once, and we were a party of two, and we arrived about 35 minutes before the show started. That was too late. But we lucked out and got seated at a high table toward the right.

:wizard:

When I went in 2016 we were second in line, arriving 730 for an 815 reservation. I checked in, stayed in line and sent my son off to ride little mermaid a few times. By 8pm I would say 90% of the diners were in line. It’s first come, first serve on seats (it was then anyway) and we asked the CM to pick for us and were seated at a high top to the right. It wasn’t a sold out show when we went but I have a feeling that the next couple months will sell out because WOC has been down for so long.

We have tickets for 2/23 9:15pm and my plan is to pop over on 2/22 around 730 or so and check the set up. We have 8pm ressies so I can’t check later. I know there are DIS peeps going Friday so will check the board that evening for a report and plan accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!