Armed Forces Salute 2017 released today!

jmccoy18

Mouseketeer
Finally! The AFS was announced for 2017 today.

Info on military salute tickets for 2017, there is now a 5 day option! :)

4 Day Park Hopper OR Water Parks, Fun & More $209 each
5 Day Park Hopper OR Water Parks, Fun & More $224 each

4 Day Park Hopper AND Water Parks, Fun & More $246 each
5 Day Park Hopper AND Water Parks, Fun & More $261 each

Valid from Jan 1 - Dec 19
Blackout: Apr 9-23

Resort Discount
30% off value resorts (Little Mermaid rooms excluded)
35% off moderate resorts & Ft Wilderness cabins
40% off deluxe resorts & villas (3 bedroom villas & bungalows excluded)

Finally! The AFS was announced for 2017 today.

Info on military salute tickets for 2017, there is now a 5 day option! :)

4 Day Park Hopper OR Water Parks, Fun & More $209 each
5 Day Park Hopper OR Water Parks, Fun & More $224 each

4 Day Park Hopper AND Water Parks, Fun & More $246 each
5 Day Park Hopper AND Water Parks, Fun & More $261 each

Valid from Jan 1 - Dec 19
Blackout: Apr 9-23

Resort Discount
30% off value resorts (Little Mermaid rooms excluded)
35% off moderate resorts & Ft Wilderness cabins
40% off deluxe resorts & villas (3 bedroom villas & bungalows excluded)
I have been out if the planning loop for a few years and so many things have changed. In my opinion changed for the worse. It use to be so easy just to plan and go. Now I think you need some sort of degree to plan ahead. I'm very confused with these military discounts. Although I'm thrilled Disney offers them, but it makes it a chore to figure out how to go about getting the deals. I already have our hotel and dinning planned, but that still leaves me with figuring out tickets. We are staying 7 nights, so that means we still need two days worth of tickets. I'm thinking of finding a military travel agent.

Okay, so here's my question. We have used Military Salute tickets many times--very successfully, and very appreciative. This year, our children are older, with children of their own, so our Wishes aren't necessarily the same.
Hubby and I are BOTH retired military. The rep at Shades of Green explained to me that yes, we can order out Military Salute tickets now, to be mailed to us, and she's e-mailing me the forms, and we'll have to provide copies of our ID cards for them to place the order. EXCELLENT!
The problem comes in because the arrival dates/times of everyone may not be exactly the same (in January) but she said even though they send *activated* tickets, all ready to be linked to MBs (unlike the vouchers we can purchase at our home base), we would still ALL have to go to the same park the first time.
I don't understand--in the past we have got our tickets activated at Guest Relations in Disney Springs, and the next morning we went to the park-- never have we gone through the same turnstile, no one has ever requested our mil ID at the gate, so what difference does it make if we go to the same park on that first day? One son doesn't want to start with the MK, while the one with kids does, and hubs and I might prefer to go to Epcot every day!
Can anybody explain or clarify? If the tickets are already activated when SOG sends them, why do we have to be together?

Can anybody explain or clarify? If the tickets are already activated when SOG sends them, why do we have to be together?

You don't. Once the tickets are active, you can come and go as you want. I went in June with my kids and my friend and her kids. My family has the military IDs, she does not. Being their first visit, I wanted them to start their trip with a character breakfast. My kids are teens and getting them to an ADR at 8 am, well.....LOLOLOLOL So I booked them at Tusker House with the plan my kids and I would join them around 10. She had no issues entering the park with out us on the first use of the tickets.

regards

So I heard on Military Tips that the hotel blackout dates had been lifted in April, but when I called today, the military rates were still higher than the current Fun & Sun discount offer. Anyone else have this experience?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!