Arlington Tx - May 31st, Scrapbook Convention/DIS meet ~*~ Sign up here

Goody Minnie! Maybe you will come up with some good ideas for my Disney cruise pictures! I won't be actively working on those pages. I'm still scrapping our Dec. 99 trip, but if you are doing something that catches my eye, I might make it as well!

By the way, I'll wear a Disney shirt as well. Do you still want to know our favorite character? That is a tough one. I guess I would stick with my "name" on the Dis boards and say Mary Poppins. I also am fond of Mickey, Minnie, Eeyore and Pooh. I'm counting the days!

I like Goofy or Pluto. But, you could also surprise me with the character on my button. I think all the Disney characters are great! Thank you for the time and consideration of making buttons for everyone. Who should I e-mail my cell phone number to? I am so looking forward to the convention!

You can e-mail me with your phone number - I have Ann's and I'll make up a list and send it to those that have phones. Melissa does your friend have one? I'll send you the list just in case, mine is a local number so it wouldn't be expensive to call it from a pay phone in an emergency.

I think we are going to have so much fun! I realized I should have gotten some more pages and I still have to decide what to bring; I have pictures from 3 WDW trips and one DL and only about 5 pages scrapped. At least I hope to get lots of great ideas; I'll bring all my stickers and papers I have lots of Disney ones and most have multiple pages of the same thing.

I'm all packed (including my green ribbon!) I'm sure I'm taking too much stuff. I haven't planned out the specific pages I want to do or the exact papers, stickers, etc. that I will need.

For favorite characters - there aren't any that I don't like, but favorites would have to be Minnie, Mickey, Donald and Eeyore.

I haven't packed a thing! Guess I'd better get moving. I also need to have my son packed for camp before I leave. I get home Saturday night and he leaves on Sunday morning.

My father-in-law had emergency gall bladder surgery this weekend and I have been TOTALLY out of pocket all weekend. Nothing is more fun than keeping 2 kids entertained and quiet in a hospital for 3 days! I am ready for a vacation and I deservie it!

I'll check with Jacque (when I can catch her at home) about her cel phone number. My email is mlschones@yahoo.com if you want to send me the phone list.

Hard to believe I am leaving day after tomorrow! I can't wait!

Did you guys read this? It is from Creating Keepsakes NewsFlash #57. Here is the part I wanted you to see. . .

"CK BUZZWORD: Print this NewsFlash and bring it to our booth in Seattle and/or Arlington. Show us the NewsFlash and tell us who got her Arizona driver's license on p. 144 of The Big Idea Book of Teen Memories, and we'll give you a special scrapbooking treat. Remember to have ready both your NewsFlash and the CK buzzword!"

Want a copy of the NewsFlash and you don't subscribe? I would be glad to email one to you. Let me know. Does anyone have the Teen Memories book, yet?

I'd like a copy of the e-mail- don't have the teen CK but maybe we can look it up at the store.

Well ladies, I am on my way in the morning. I always hope to travel light, but I have failed again! A mountain of stuff is near the front door. Can't wait to see you Friday afternoon.

Melissa

I'm on my way to Arlington! Yipee! I only had to pack for the day (and the crop), and I have a heavy load myself! I was up until 3:00 in the morning getting my stuff together. I was too excited to sleep anyway! See ya there!!!!!!:)

You guys have a great time. :) We drove by there last night when we left Six Flags. I was wishing I could be there with you, but DH is taking his vacation this week and we're doing family stuff together. I'll wave tonight if we go by there again. ;)

Just wanted to let you guys know Jacque and I made it home safely. We are so tired, but it was worth it. I'm so glad we could all meet to crop together.

Now, let's all mark our calendars for next year . . . ;)

Glad to know you made it without falling asleep at the wheel! I was dragging today after just the one late night but I was wishing I could have spent more time. We'll have to plan on it next year and try to do more nights. I might have my scrapbooks a little more organized and be able to do more shopping then too.

It was so great to meet you all! I had the best time. What are the exact dates next year? I think we should try to crop more nights too. Has anyone heard from Anne?

Just figured out that I slept 15 hours total the last 3 nights, but I did get a lot done! Can't wait to count up the grand total. I don't do too well on that little sleep, though. That is like the amount of sleep I got when the kids were babies. LOL! Didn't dare journal for fear I'd write the wrong thing.

I've been packing my DS for camp. He leaves tomorrow morning. I am headed to bed! I'll mark my calendar for next year! Lets do it. Those of you who couldn't join us can plan ahead for the next one.

I made it home last night! Hubby and I had a good time in Arlington after the convention, but it certainly was hot - 97 on Sunday and 96 on Monday. We hadn't been to Six Flags for a long time so that was fun and he is a big baseball fan so the two Rangers games were fun, too.

I really enjoyed Friday night crop with you DIS'ers! I wish I had gotten more cropping done, but I wasn't very well prepared. It was great to see what you were working on. I'd love to plan even bigger and better fun for next year. Next time, I'll take fewer classes and go at it with a more relaxed pace. I agree we should do more crops next year, too. I'll also try to get a little more sleep! By the time Saturday afternoon rolled around, I was really tired!

Got to go unpack and find places to put all the stuff I bought and got from the freebies! What a fun problem!

I think I saw that the dates are June 11-14 for 2002. It was in the convention magazine.

Talk to you soon,

Ann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter