Argh, such a frustrating morning at the Studios!

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
Sorry, I just need to vent a moment.

I got up extra early and skipped breakfast this morning to make it to the studios for the very start of EMT. I was the first person at the gates at 8am, so hung out until they let us in at 8:30. Immediately went over to guest relations with the aim of getting one of the MasterCard reserved seats for one of the Marvel shows. Of course, some lady bolted in front of me and got there first. And they only had 1 seat available for any of the shows. Guess they can also make reservations from Disneyland City Hall, which opens at 8:15, so people had taken all the spots! Super frustrating and pseudo-unfair. I would think it’s only for shows at the Studios, then that GR should be the only one that can book it.

Anyways, left, and my other priority was to ride Crush’s Coaster. Which of course, was closed! With no hope of opening anytime soon (it finally did around 11, then closed a bit at noon, now is open again).

I honestly was so exasperated with that, plus all the horrible guests at the parks, that I wanted to go back to my room, crawl under the covers and cry! Thankfully I didn’t, so went over to Disneyland Parc and was able to go on some rides without long waits. I still haven’t decided if I want to bother going to the Marvel show and wait for over an hour in general queue (tomorrow I check out and won’t be able to get to City Hall at 8:15).

That does sound unfair! It's fairly new, so nobody could give you that advise beforehand.
You could go to the EMT tomorrow to get the ticket and then return for check out. We do that all the time with breakfast if we stay on property, first go to EMT and then return for breakfast (and check out on our last day).
I was considering that, get up, go get ticket, then back to hotel for a bit. I guess it’ll depend on how I feel in the morning! I don’t have a set time to leave the whole resort area tomorrow-staying at an airport hotel that evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter