Are you still holding onto hope for July/August Vacation Plans?

No offense intended to the poster at all from the heart but still a big nothing burger. A giant stall. A we'll see. Smoke and mirrors again. Nothing of substance. More of the same. People's time and money dangling. If it's all about the safety, then close already. Close for the year. Just SAY IT! If it's union issues, spell it out. But stop playing the games. Give people a minimum date so they can move on and plan!
what? they are submitting next week. Universal open June 5th. Disney wont allow that to be a long term plan.

An asterisk date is not too much to ask for as a resort guest when trips are costing thousands of dollars. This isn’t a trip to the local zoo.
I get the frustration but I don’t think they can say a date or even speculate a date until they submit the plan and it gets approved. Not sure what else they could do. I am certain they have been working on re open plans this whole time. Hopefully we all hear something soon. 🙏🏻

I get the frustration but I don’t think they can say a date or even speculate a date until they submit the plan and it gets approved. Not sure what else they could do. I am certain they have been working on re open plans this whole time. Hopefully we all hear something soon. 🙏🏻
expect June 15th to July 1 for opening. They will not let all these other parks take their revenue.

This is a first for us bringing the whole group of kids. We love our neighbor boys and they are great kids. I worry about entertaining everyone in Clearwater. We thought they would have had a blast at Bonnet Creek and the waterparks we wouldn't really need to do anything to entertain them. We could have waited (and still might have to) but the boys were all so excited we figured we would try a beach vacation. I am sure it will all work out and we will have a great time. I think i might end up cooking more than i had planned but that's fine, it beats being at home and working!

We are staying at Indian rocks the first week of July, just down the road from Clearwater. We have two teen boys. For entertainment beyond normal beach and pool activities you can rent jet skis for an afternoon or book a private fishing trip (I’ve used the FishingBooker app).

We were planning Busch gardens (want to ride iron gwazi) but that’s kind of tentative right now. If it’s open and things don’t seem too crazy we might still go. Thanks to youtube vloggers we should be able to know what it’s like at the time.

Who knows what the restaurant situation will be. We definitely plan on lots of cooking, grilling and take out.

we have pushed Disney to at least next year, maybe even 2022. I can’t muster any enthusiasm if there are significant restrictions to remind you of the virus all the time.

Well my vacation hopes for late August are dwindling. I didn't have any plans to go to Disney but I was REALLY looking forward to visiting Orlando and Tampa areas. As far as parks, we were going to do the 14 day unlimited multi-park ticket for SW/AQ, BG/AI. My extended family backed out from going when we went into quarantine. They lost hope that Orlando would be fully operational by August. My DH, DD and niece refused to give up hope. Now since social distancing will still be in effect and inside dining restricted at 25%, I am not sure we should continue to hold onto hope much longer. As we all know, WDW is the real dictator here when it comes to vacation. If WDW is limited and restricted, then other parks will follow suit. My DD and myself would be content with a "timeshare resort ONLY" vacation. I don't mind grocery shopping and making many of our meals in the condo or getting take-out. But my DH believes if the pool area will still be limited, and on-site activities and entertainment are limited then what is the point? Personally, I think with airfare being so inexpensive right now, it may be worth getting away regardless of the limitations. The only REAL expense will be airfare and renting a car and condo. There will be no park tickets, and since we have to eat regardless if we are home or away, that will balance out to about the same. So currently, I am just here to vent. DD and I look forward to our Florida vacation and this will be 2 years in a row we will miss. I am so disappointed that our window of opportunity may be slowly closing. :sad2:

No offense intended to the poster at all from the heart but still a big nothing burger. A giant stall. A we'll see. Smoke and mirrors again. Nothing of substance. More of the same. People's time and money dangling. If it's all about the safety, then close already. Close for the year. Just SAY IT! If it's union issues, spell it out. But stop playing the games. Give people a minimum date so they can move on and plan!
I agree. I honestly think the vagueness and game playing is to keep reservations on the books for as long as possible to protect the bottom line and the optics to shareholders. Their stock would tank if they announced they were keeping parks closed until X date, especially if X date is fairly far into the future.

We are still holding out, but I agree this game playing needs to stop. Make reservations for June, oops, Disney cancels. Reservations begin July 1st. I'm interested in knowing how Disney's transportation system will work. Will they limit capacity? Will they be cleaning the monorail, skylines and buses? How often? What about restaurants, limited capacity? Who will be allowed to enter the parks?

not sure I want to spend thousands of dollars and not get everything I expect. Disney always said there were no discounts on tickets for those that don't ride. Why? Because they have lots of shows, meets and greets, parades and fireworks - not now!

Well my vacation hopes for late August are dwindling. I didn't have any plans to go to Disney but I was REALLY looking forward to visiting Orlando and Tampa areas. As far as parks, we were going to do the 14 day unlimited multi-park ticket for SW/AQ, BG/AI. My extended family backed out from going when we went into quarantine. They lost hope that Orlando would be fully operational by August. My DH, DD and niece refused to give up hope. Now since social distancing will still be in effect and inside dining restricted at 25%, I am not sure we should continue to hold onto hope much longer. As we all know, WDW is the real dictator here when it comes to vacation. If WDW is limited and restricted, then other parks will follow suit. My DD and myself would be content with a "timeshare resort ONLY" vacation. I don't mind grocery shopping and making many of our meals in the condo or getting take-out. But my DH believes if the pool area will still be limited, and on-site activities and entertainment are limited then what is the point? Personally, I think with airfare being so inexpensive right now, it may be worth getting away regardless of the limitations. The only REAL expense will be airfare and renting a car and condo. There will be no park tickets, and since we have to eat regardless if we are home or away, that will balance out to about the same. So currently, I am just here to vent. DD and I look forward to our Florida vacation and this will be 2 years in a row we will miss. I am so disappointed that our window of opportunity may be slowly closing. :sad2:

I think a nice resort only vacation would be amazing right now. I have already determined i will cook most of the meals in our condo. I am actually ok with that. I can't wait!!

We didn't get to go to Florida last year. It was the first year we missed since since DD was 1 year old. She is now 13. So I am long overdue for a Florida vacation. Some of you know how badly I wanted to go rent a home in Florida for a month and be in quarantine there instead of here in NJ. So who besides me, is hoping all of this will be behind us by June so we can move forward with our July/August Vacation Plans. If we have to cancel, I am going to need to find a support group to get me thru the separation anxiety.

Well I created this thread back on Mar 30th. Here I am 2 months later to the day to answer the question of holding onto hope for July/August. I am slowly releasing my hold onto hope for our August vacation. It looks like things are opening up but a return to "normal" is not going to happen anytime soon. There will still be lots of restrictions in place so it will be difficult to really enjoy ourselves. Also, being from NJ, there may still be some quarantine guidelines for us while on vacation. This may result in more limitations on our enjoyment. I was willing to be quarantined in Florida when everything was closed; I am not willing to pay airfare, rent a car, rent a condo to have to stay quarantined in our room when everything has opened. Not worth it at all. So DH has suggested we put our vacation funds we intended to use this year and combine it with a vacation budget for next year. This will give us twice as much or more for next year. He suggested we make plans to go for the entire month of August 2021 to make up for last year and this year. To help ease my heartache a little, he said he wants to add a 3 or 4 day cruise with next years vacation. He wants to go on the cruise at the beginning, then spend the rest of the time in Orlando/Kissimmee/Tampa and Clearwater. I will have plenty of time to plan and save. By next year, all of these restrictions should be long gone. I think his idea is fantastic but my heart still yearns for the vacation we missed in 2019 and now 2020. So it may be time for me to start that support group thread for those of us who held onto hope and had to cancel/reschedule our Summer 2020 plans.

We are in a similar predicament, but have kept our 2 weeks at the B-Resort in August due to the cancelation policies being rather fluid. We are going to see how things go and how it pans out during initial opening. The big issue will be tickets, we have AP's but one of our party does not. So not sure how that would work with no new tickets being sold etc..?!

Well I created this thread back on Mar 30th. Here I am 2 months later to the day to answer the question of holding onto hope for July/August. I am slowly releasing my hold onto hope for our August vacation. It looks like things are opening up but a return to "normal" is not going to happen anytime soon. There will still be lots of restrictions in place so it will be difficult to really enjoy ourselves. Also, being from NJ, there may still be some quarantine guidelines for us while on vacation. This may result in more limitations on our enjoyment. I was willing to be quarantined in Florida when everything was closed; I am not willing to pay airfare, rent a car, rent a condo to have to stay quarantined in our room when everything has opened. Not worth it at all. So DH has suggested we put our vacation funds we intended to use this year and combine it with a vacation budget for next year. This will give us twice as much or more for next year. He suggested we make plans to go for the entire month of August 2021 to make up for last year and this year. To help ease my heartache a little, he said he wants to add a 3 or 4 day cruise with next years vacation. He wants to go on the cruise at the beginning, then spend the rest of the time in Orlando/Kissimmee/Tampa and Clearwater. I will have plenty of time to plan and save. By next year, all of these restrictions should be long gone. I think his idea is fantastic but my heart still yearns for the vacation we missed in 2019 and now 2020. So it may be time for me to start that support group thread for those of us who held onto hope and had to cancel/reschedule our Summer 2020 plans.
I hear you @TamaraQT , this has been such a rollercoaster of optimism and pessimism. We're still forging ahead with plans for July, but the new wording for AP holders during the opening phases isn't sounding promising to me...and of course the whole NY, NJ, CT quarantine is still hanging out there (we're in CT). You might find some peace and optimism in just calling it and starting plans for 2021. Can I make a suggestion for an epic trip next year? Consider going to Hawaii for a few weeks rather than Florida. We took last year off from Florida travel and did the Big Island and Kaua'i (one week each) and absolutey loved it. I feel like I know your family's style a bit from posting a lot on the same threads and I realy think you'd love it. It is a decent trek from out here, but not as bad as I was anticipating. Plus, we did a 10 hour layover in Las Vegas so that was a fun addition to the adventure to see the strip and walk around a bit. We stayed at Wyndham Kona on the Big Island and an independent timeshare resort called Pono Kai on Kaua'i. Both were great and we can't wait to return.

I think that sounds like a great idea!!! A Disney trip in August and likely for months after is not going to be the same, and I think you would end up disappointed. I would totally jump on his idea, how fantastic will that be and full of wonderful memories. And a year of fun planning ~ that alone would have me excited.

We let our APs go after 10 years last August ... I AM SO GLAD. We were supposed to be at Disneyland this week so that long dream was shot. I had "planned" to not renew AP until next January but realistically knew I would get them in September. Well now I'm not wasting my money - we will wait until 2021.

PS My FL community won't even rent to NJ residents because they don't want the hassle of the quarantines.

I hear you @TamaraQT , this has been such a rollercoaster of optimism and pessimism. We're still forging ahead with plans for July, but the new wording for AP holders during the opening phases isn't sounding promising to me...and of course the whole NY, NJ, CT quarantine is still hanging out there (we're in CT). You might find some peace and optimism in just calling it and starting plans for 2021. Can I make a suggestion for an epic trip next year? Consider going to Hawaii for a few weeks rather than Florida. We took last year off from Florida travel and did the Big Island and Kaua'i (one week each) and absolutey loved it. I feel like I know your family's style a bit from posting a lot on the same threads and I realy think you'd love it. It is a decent trek from out here, but not as bad as I was anticipating. Plus, we did a 10 hour layover in Las Vegas so that was a fun addition to the adventure to see the strip and walk around a bit. We stayed at Wyndham Kona on the Big Island and an independent timeshare resort called Pono Kai on Kaua'i. Both were great and we can't wait to return.

We thought about Hawaii for DD 16th birthday in 2 years. I know a few people with timeshares that I can make rental reservations with. So far she doesn't seem interested but that can change. She does like the cruise idea for next year. I hate throwing in the tile for this year but there are too many restrictions and other issues going on. Thanks fo the suggestion. I will keep my eyes open to see who decided to still go in July/August abd how things went. Please continue to share your progress, vacation experiences and updates.

We let our APs go after 10 years last August ... I AM SO GLAD. We were supposed to be at Disneyland this week so that long dream was shot. I had "planned" to not renew AP until next January but realistically knew I would get them in September. Well now I'm not wasting my money - we will wait until 2021.

Great timing Hopperfan!!! We did the opposite...let our APs go for 2019 and did some non-Disney travel and decided to buy APs again as our big Christmas gifts for 2020 travel starting in late January...one use for a long weekend trip for the Pro Bowl, 3 or 4 park days used and then COVID. Womp womp. Dumb timing to re-up!

Great timing Hopperfan!!! We did the opposite...let our APs go for 2019 and did some non-Disney travel and decided to buy APs again as our big Christmas gifts for 2020 travel starting in late January...one use for a long weekend trip for the Pro Bowl, 3 or 4 park days used and then COVID. Womp womp. Dumb timing to re-up!

January 2019 and the trips after .... I "lost my joy" due to the horrible behavior of other guests. It had become rampant in addition to more crowded. I needed to step away to be excited about going again. So thanks goes to all those nasty guests :laughing: I'm not sitting on APs.

January 2019 and the trips after .... I "lost my joy" due to the horrible behavior of other guests. It had become rampant in addition to more crowded. I needed to step away to be excited about going again. So thanks goes to all those nasty guests :laughing: I'm not sitting on APs.
A silver lining to the awful behavior of others, I love it! The crowds were what made us push pause for 2019, and I supposed their associated behavior as well. Of course the siren's call of the Mouse beckoned us back :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!