Votes: 33 19.1%
  • Canceled my plans - nothing scheduled

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Holding off until 2021

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • Have Plans - waiting to see if we use them

Votes: 28 16.2%

• Total voters
I have points that have to be used by May 31st 2021, which I banked from 2019. With that being said, I just booked a spilt stay a week ago at SSR and RR for November 14-20 this year. I live in NJ, where things are still a little scary and we are not even welcomed in Florida at this time.

If I didn’t have points that need to be used, I was planning on not going anywhere till next August and to Vero Beach. But to be honest, I am kind of glad I have to use things points. I could use a change of scenery and a road trip to Disney will be fun.

I am hoping it will work out, but if not I will cancel and book either back at WDW or HHI for end April or early May.

I hope for those of you that live in areas not hard hit by this virus, you can get to “the happiest place on earth and really get to have a happy vacation”.

I also believe if any place is going to do their utmost to keep me safe and happy it’s Disney!

Good luck to everyone....keep health and safe!

Have an October reservation that I know I should cancel. Can't quite bring myself to do it just yet. Not sure why I am waiting.

We have an August 10 reservation (moved from July) - I know I should cancel - the family going with us is on the fence - mostly leaning towards NO. The guilt of potentially exposing their children is crushing. I am trying to reach member services - all my points are showing in 2020 so I am hoping I can bank all of them but totally not sure.

Just started a new job a few months ago after 18 years with a different employer. I should just cancel. I know the other family is going to be a NO. Part of me doesn't want to lose a single point.

Part of me just wants to go and see what happens. Part of me knows it will be a mess. Early closure. Mask wars: "I was just eating a Mickey bar." Why am I going to bed with the sun visible? No fireworks? No Parades?

That annual pass is burning a hole in my pocket.

WHY IS IT SO HARD?

I chose wait and see...but we have reservations from 7/25-8/8.... multiple resorts. Have a Disney cruise booked 8/3-8/7 that I expect to be cancelled...I had booked CCV for those dates as a backup plan. Have APs that were originally going to expire 8/4...only used them once so far (had an April trip cancelled that would have been use #2.). Summer is really the only time both kids (high school and college) are available to go. But not looking forward to wearing masks all day long. At home we just use them in stores as we can social distance while walking. Also not happy having all our FP and adr plans cancelled... again. Not sure what we'd do with all the points if we were to cancel and if any would be lost. And like everyone else just tired of being home, lol. Only good thing is the trip itself is cheap...current APs, DVC rooms, $100 roundtrip airfare....

May trip was cancelled, I rescheduled first week of December because I did not want to lose points. Postponed August family trip until April. If we don't like the way things are going, we'll cancel and loose the points.

What choices would you like?
My choice falls somewhere between the first two in your poll. I'd say: Plans in place but feeling iffy or "wait and see"
the poll said:
  • Plans in place - can’t wait to get there
  • Going to wait and see how it goes
  • Canceled my plans - nothing scheduled
  • Holding off until 2021

We aren’t sure yet. We canceled our March trip 2 days before Disney announced the closure which would have been 2 days into our trip. We had November booked 11 months in advance at BWV and I still want to go but DH doesn’t. He says he would rather wait a full year and go in March 2021. I booked that with our cancelled points trip. He also doesn’t want to fly unless there is a vaccine available and if we wait to go in March we have more time off and could drive. So we are still in a wait and see mode. In the meantime I booked flights yesterday as SW just opened booking for November.

I put myself in the wait and see crowd. We have a 3 night stay in July that is partially rented so we are going regardless but will make it a Resort only stay. But our October and December trips are very much questionable.

Booked our November trip prior to all the COVID19 stuff. We still have those plans in place and bought plane tickets a couple of days ago when Southwest opened up their November booking window. We are interested to see how things pan out over the next several months. It will definitely be...different.

Have an October reservation that I know I should cancel. Can't quite bring myself to do it just yet. Not sure why I am waiting.

‘I’m in the same boat. My husband keeps saying October is five months away, we should wait and see what happens but I am not too keen on the idea of exposing my family to the virus or wearing masks for hours on end in the heat. The Cons far outweigh the Pros but I still haven’t canceled.

Never could have imagined anything like this in the world - let alone a Disney World looking like this. Going to take some time to wrap our heads around it and figure out what we can do with existing reservations. Way more questions than answers right now. I have no doubt Disney will lose a percentage of their immediate fan base over the next year or 2 because of it. But those folks will come back when normalcy comes back.

That's how I would sum it up too. If you're a returning quest then you realize all the things they aren't doing right now like parades and fireworks and meet & greets. If you're a 1st timer, all that lost value may not matter to you. My 2020 MAY vacation was cancelled but when I get back to WDW, I want all that I know, to be.

I voted "have plans - waiting to see...".

Prior to virus, I was going to book DVC Dec for 9 nights with kids and grandkids. Because of booking restrictions, I did book 6 nights (banked and current points) but really unsure if we will go if no vaccine/treatment/majorly-reduced spread is happening by then. DH and I have tickets but the rest of the family doesn't, so not sure what will happen with Dec as far as new tickets go. We don't want a resort only trip this time and buying tickets for partial experience doesn't sound appealing.

DH has been quarantining in the basement since he's the only one going to work and the store. One DS (working from home) and his family live with us. Another DS lives alone and is still working. Another DS and his family live nearby and his wife is a pharmacist. We all wear masks and try our best to keep distance when we get together (outside) during this time. If we don't feel comfortable with ourselves by December, I can't see how we will feel comfortable in WDW. :(

I'm going to wait till end of July and may end up booking for HH to use 2019 points (for DH and me) and hope to go with our original plans in 2021.

4/20 -cancelled
8/20 cancelled
Next trip planed is 4/21.... We shall see where we are at by then.

I’m on such a roller coaster - one day there’s no way it’s worth it. The next - I’m sure we’ll have so much fun still. ???

Even though I’m boarding a plane tomorrow to the beach, I’m of wait & see camp. I wear nitrate gloves and masks at all time in pubic & plan on using a gaiter for the pools/beach at the resort.

The universal/disney parks are another animal all together in my mind. A lot of people even with restrictions. Not to mention so many get that mummy/pixie dust in their eyes and throw caution to the wind in general when at th sparks. social distancing is going to be difficult to achieve

*We lost our March/April trip

*I cancelled VWL for August some time ago. Rebooked thru CRO

(Thank you DVC for letting me bank my borrowed points. Booked ASMu until touringplan site posted what resorts they thought would be open. Switched those plans in a hurry to Pop. By the next day, reservation system down to all but a handful, then they quit taking new bookings all together).

*Sept/Oct trip still booked. At least in my next UY for majority of that one, have until a month out to figure out what I’m going to do there. Still haven’t booked airfare for it.

*Nov/Dec trip also on books. Slowly watching airfare rise and hoping it moderates ugh.

Haven’t booked a thing into 2021. With all the points I have banked, probably a good idea but just can’t get excited/confident re planning anything right now.

Although I voted "Holding off until 2021", I'm still not 100% sure. I have BCV reservations in September, and made a "just in case" reservation for mid-January 2021. I feel I really SHOULD go ahead and cancel in September, but part of me thinks I'd be crazy to give up a BCV reservation during the F&W (which I know may or may not happen, but it's just habit for me to keep the resize). As time gets closer (but not less than 30 days), I'm sure I'll cancel. I just hope January improves a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter