Are You Ever Coming Home?...No! I am playing with Wizards, Farkles and Sparkling Friends

Day 3, June 27, 2017

Our plans today were to get up early and head over to Animal Kingdom by rope drop (which was 8 AM) with hopes of riding one of the new Pandora rides before our fastpass for Flight of Passage, which was at 9 AM. Well in a perfect world that would work, but I don’t live in a perfect world!

I was up early and ate the rest of the crumb cake for breakfast and got ready for the day. Claire on the other hand was dead to the world. She requires a lot of sleep, preferably during the day. Hahahaha. She was very slow to wake up and not so pleasant. I knew it was partly due to the long day we had yesterday and also partly due to the fact she is a pre-teen and parents are so lame!

Finally after some persistent urging she got up and ready and of course made demands of what she will and won’t due today. Oh great….one of those days.

We headed out finally and made it to the bus stop.

por39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I believe we got to the Animal Kingdom around 8:15, so later than I planned, and it was already crowded with long lines to get in. We picked one, which seemed to have a Brazilian type tour group in front. Shoot! Of course they were having issues scanning in.

As we stood in line, I heard my name. I looked around and it was Lisa from Passporters (I believe her name is patandclairesmom). We chatted just a few minutes and she introduced me to her Claire and of course her son too.

As we were talking, I noticed the line next to us got really short and I said “let’s move over there”. I don’t think she heard me because she didn’t come, but I kept talking a bit as I moved. Claire then told me I just cut the line and there was a family that just hadn’t moved….oops…sorry family. But honestly, they were standing way back and even after we cut the line it took them a minute to ever join up.

Our line moved much faster and before I knew it, we were in the park and I lost Lisa and kids…..sorry Lisa! But it was so nice to meet you! I hope I didn’t seem like a total nut. LOL. I was a bit flustered that morning with trying to get into the park for our fastpass and also with miss grumpy pants with me.

We then made the mad dash with 1000’s of our newest friends towards Pandora.

ak1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was on the move, so my pictures are not the greatest.

pandora6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As we approached the area, it was basically roped off. I could see a huge long line winding back towards Africa…which now has a walkway from Pandora. I asked a CM where I should go as I had a fastpass that would be opening soon. She opened the rope and said I could go in. Awesome!

pandora83 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

These floating rock/mountain formations intrigued me. At different angles they looked different. At some they looked like an animal of some sort and another angle it made a heart. I would assume Disney did this on purpose......or we just have great imaginations.

pandora14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We still had some time before our fastpass opened so we took a look at Satu’li Canteen.

pandora16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Brook had told me one item there was like a cheesecake and now one of her most favorite items in all the parks.

pandora17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Right now they were just serving breakfast items.

pandora18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We went in and got some drinks.

pandora21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think we may have just gotten one to share and then headed out to take pictures and then get in line for Flight of Passage.

pandora27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I am going to admit right now that I have only seen Avatar once and that was probably about a year ago. I had never had a desire to see it and I only did because I knew Disney was building this land. It was better than I thought it would be, but still I didn’t think it was a great movie. But it did help me know why the land is designed the way it is and even though I don’t know the technical names of things, I recognized them from the movie.

Claire has never seen the movie yet and I did some quick explaining, but I promised I would get it for her to watch one day….still need to do that.

pandora29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was definitely busy here this morning.

pandora35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was so great meeting you in Claire in person. I saw you on the but as we approached AK but it was crowded so I was so happy to see you in line. We should have joined you in your new line because ours was so slow. I think we were both in a hurry as I had thought the park opened at 9 and we had several rides to do before our 9:05 FP for FOP. Your pictures are great and isn't Pandora awesome?

Love to see the photos of Pandora as we have yet to see it.

Claire sounds a lot like my students - they need quite the nudge in the morning to get up when we take them places. ;)

Another first time viewing Pandora photos here-thanks!

When we went on our "familymoon" when DD was 11 DH and I threw up our hands and let her sleep in while we hit the parks early. It just wasn't worth the rabid wombat we encountered trying to get her up and about. I saved that for now-she is never happy to be up for school :rolleyes:

We sped along over to the Magic Kingdom and as we pulled into the station I took this picture.

I don't think I have ever seen this area so empty.

Claire and I got off and there was no bag check or security. I was kind of surprised.

That really surprises me.

Dole whip floats!

Oh, I wish I could have one right now.

Claire then told me I just cut the line and there was a family that just hadn’t moved….oops…sorry family. But honestly, they were standing way back and even after we cut the line it took them a minute to ever join up.

I hate when people do this. I can almost guarantee that they were so busy on their smartphones that they were totally oblivious to the fact that the line had moved.

I asked a CM where I should go as I had a fastpass that would be opening soon. She opened the rope and said I could go in. Awesome!

That is nice that this worked out for you. I loved the photos of Pandora.

Corinna

It was so great meeting you in Claire in person. I saw you on the but as we approached AK but it was crowded so I was so happy to see you in line. We should have joined you in your new line because ours was so slow. I think we were both in a hurry as I had thought the park opened at 9 and we had several rides to do before our 9:05 FP for FOP. Your pictures are great and isn't Pandora awesome?

I didn't realize you posted over here too! It was so nice to see you! Were you on the bus already when we got picked up?
We did get through fast...and funny because that is the time our Fastpass was for too. (Well 9 AM for us).

Love to see the photos of Pandora as we have yet to see it.

Claire sounds a lot like my students - they need quite the nudge in the morning to get up when we take them places. ;)

It is a neat area....and I hope they add more eventually because it needs more rides and things to do.

Another first time viewing Pandora photos here-thanks!

When we went on our "familymoon" when DD was 11 DH and I threw up our hands and let her sleep in while we hit the parks early. It just wasn't worth the rabid wombat we encountered trying to get her up and about. I saved that for now-she is never happy to be up for school :rolleyes:

She always is hard to get up, but during vacation she is a bit better, though still slow.

I don't think I have ever seen this area so empty.

I thought so too.

That really surprises me.

Yes, I am not sure if they were doing bag check at the TTC or not, but those coming off that monorail were missing bag check too. I would have to assume there were.

Oh, I wish I could have one right now.

It was tasty

I hate when people do this. I can almost guarantee that they were so busy on their smartphones that they were totally oblivious to the fact that the line had moved.

LOL...worked for me though.

That is nice that this worked out for you. I loved the photos of Pandora.

it's very neat looking in there.

We continued to walk around Pandora and take pictures.

pandora84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora86 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora87 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora88 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora89 by Jenseib, on Flickr

See this next picture….to me it looks like some sort of animal again in an upright pose.

pandora90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Everything is so colorful here.

pandora43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our fastpass window opened and we headed over to get in line.

pandora46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We scanned in and headed through. This queue area is really long too for a fastpass entrance. I wonder if it gets full at times.

pandora49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As we went through the line, there were complaints from my daughter. Just basic…you are so lame mom type of things. I tend to sing (which I am horrible at) and dance to music. It was super embarrassing. I had heard a few complaints yesterday, but today she got worse. At one point I told her that next time I go on a 2 week trip I am going to bring someone who actually likes me. Well the complaints stopped for a bit, but still continued on for the rest of the day in milder manner. I knew it was partly because she was overtired, but I also was not about to take abuse for 2 weeks.

My sweet little girl is not always so sweet. I will say at home, she is usually an angel. She doesn’t get in trouble very much and an all-round good kid. But she has her moments, and usually it is when she hasn’t had enough sleep.

pandora55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Finally after some walking we came to a stop in the line. I bent over to take a forward shot.

pandora60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And a look back.

pandora61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The couple in front of us were telling us this was their 2nd ride of the morning. They arrived before rope drop and made the mad dash here and went through the regular line. They said once they got to Pandora and into the line it was a very minimal wait…..see Claire…I told you so! I mentioned to Claire that if she liked the ride we could do that on our last park day after the cruise.

We then were taken into our preboarding rooms. Claire and I were the last 2 in our group. I don’t want to spoiled to many surprises and honestly my descriptions would not be great anyways, but they were neat rooms, but you mainly stand and watch a screen. In one room you are “scanned” to find the right Avatar for you. It said something like it was having difficulty scanning us. I wasn’t sure if that was normal or not. I had been moving and wondered if I did something. LOL

Finally we were taken into the ride room. Now here is where it could go wrong. I am sure you all have heard how the ride vehicles are not too forgiving and I am a chunky girl. I prayed I would fit. I knew the 2 issues was the bar that comes up to rest on your back and the calves bar. I have big calves…always have, even when I was very skinny.

I straddled the bike looking contraption and pushed myself all the way up. The bars came into place and not a single issue! Yay!!!!! I had already told Claire that if I didn’t fit, I would wait outside for her and she could still ride, but now we knew that would not be an issue.

The ride is kind of set up like Soarn’…in a way. There are about 14 bikes per room and there are several rooms. Then when the ride starts, there is a big screen that all rooms are looking at. I am told the ride feels different when you sit in different locations. I will tell you now, we ended up riding this ride twice on our trip and both times we were in almost the exact location with the exception of floor level.

And the ride?.......AWESOME!!!!!!!! Everyone I had talked to before said it was like Soarn’ on steroids and that is a perfect description. It’s more personalized for you since you are on your own bike, but still similar in the way you move around. The wind blows on your face…. the smells are wonderful… The effects are amazing. You can feel your banshee breathing and moving between your legs. It’s just incredible. I was sad to see it end.

But end it did and we headed back out into the heat.

pandora62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And all rides must end at a gift shop!

pandora65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We made our way over to the Navi River Journey next to get in the stand by line.

pandora94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think the sign said it would be about a 40 minute wait.

pandora71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire noticed that the mountains looked like a heart from this angle.

pandora95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A lot of the queue is outside and it was hot. Not all areas are shaded yet, but they did have fans running…thank goodness.

pandora73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Then we enter and area that has a roof overhead…like an open air hut.

pandora75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The queue winds up and down in here and then you arrive at the ride.

On this ride you ride in boats and I guess you could say similar to It’s a Small World in the way it works. You travel through the bioluminescent rainforest and see all the creatures and there is a song….that will become catchy in your head….as you move along.

I took pictures and will warn you now they are horrible. The lighting and the moving boat just make it really hard to capture them with a phone or point and shoot camera.

pandora96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The pictures do not do it any justice…..but it is absolutely beautiful in there.

pandora125 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

What a nice ride…and just beautiful….but my opinion…..I would probably not wait more than 30-40 minutes maximum to ride it. It wasn’t very long and its more of a ride that only needs to be done once during your trip and in the future…I could even skip it if the lines were long. I was really hoping for more on this ride, but it was too short for me to want to wait in long lines.

The photos of the Avatar area is great but I still don't understand why it's in a Disney park and what the hype over it is. :confused3

Nice to see all the photos of Pandora, I admit I haven't paid too much attention to it as we haven't seen the movie and we don't have any plans to make it to WDW any time soon. Looks amazing though and a good start to get both of those rides over with. Hope the pre-teen's day gets better. :rotfl:

Um..... if you're looking to bring someone who likes you on your next 2 week trip, let me just say....... I like you! :p :hyper::laughing::lmao:

You know of course that I feel for you greatly. This is the age it can be such a ride of ups and downs. You really do know the drill though and will make it through. Isn't it just so much harder when you're away from home and have to somewhat follow a schedule and can't just walk away from them for a while? :faint:

Your photos in Pandora are gorgeous! I can't wait to see it all in person one day. You'll have to let me know if Claire enjoys the movie so I can decide whether to push Katie to watch it. I still haven't seen it yet either.

And tell Claire she's right, that floating mountain really does look like a heart! So much great detail there. Maybe by the time we get there the crowds will die down some.

The photos of the Avatar area is great but I still don't understand why it's in a Disney park and what the hype over it is. :confused3

Well it's been in the making for like 5-10 or more years.I am sure it has changed from what the original plans were as it took so long to even break ground for it.

Nice to see all the photos of Pandora, I admit I haven't paid too much attention to it as we haven't seen the movie and we don't have any plans to make it to WDW any time soon. Looks amazing though and a good start to get both of those rides over with. Hope the pre-teen's day gets better. :rotfl:

I probably would have never seen the movie if they hadn't made this area. I just had no desire. it wasn't bad, but it just wasn't one I would pick to make a land of. The Flight of Passage is an awesome ride though.
She was a pre-teen through and through this trip. She had fun, but some days she had some grumpiness.

Um..... if you're looking to bring someone who likes you on your next 2 week trip, let me just say....... I like you!

yes...I thought of you too. You would probably join in with me singing too!

You know of course that I feel for you greatly. This is the age it can be such a ride of ups and downs. You really do know the drill though and will make it through. Isn't it just so much harder when you're away from home and have to somewhat follow a schedule and can't just walk away from them for a while?

It sure is. I had to tell her to watch her mouth a few times. And remind her how lucky she is. Especially since this was her 6th cruise....5th on Disney....I once asked her how many kids in her class or that she knows personally in real life have been on 1 cruise, let alone 6. Heck, Skip has only been on 3.

Your photos in Pandora are gorgeous! I can't wait to see it all in person one day. You'll have to let me know if Claire enjoys the movie so I can decide whether to push Katie to watch it. I still haven't seen it yet either.

It is nice and would be great at night with the big camera. That was really about the only time I really regretted not having it with me...but my body rejoiced with not carrying it around.

And tell Claire she's right, that floating mountain really does look like a heart! So much great detail there. Maybe by the time we get there the crowds will die down some.

There really seems to be no slow times at Disney anymore, but I will say our post cruise park visit did have less crowds.

It was now time to find a snack at the Canteen. We decided to try both desserts and share them.

pandora103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This one was like a chocolate mousse inside if I remember right.

pandora77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This one was like a blueberry cheesecake.

pandora78 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We cut them in half so we could each try both. I am not a fan of blueberry, but I like some fake blueberry flavors….this one was a winner for me. I also like the chocolate one just as well. I ate my blueberry one first and then tackled the chocolate one. Claire was not a fan of the chocolate one (she actually doesn’t eat much chocolate normally…I know…she’s a freak), but I had already ate my entire blueberry half before she told me. Had I known, I would have only taken a few bites and let her finish it. I ended up finishing her chocolate half too.

With that in our bellies, we headed out again as we had another fastpass calling our name.

pandora79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pandora80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And just an FYI, when we left Pandora the line for Flight of Passage was about 3 ½ to 4 hours long. I heard later it was listed at over 5 for a while….however I do think Disney inflates the wait times sometimes, so it might not have been quite that bad.

pandora81 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Next was Expedition Everest! No pictures because we were trying to get over there fast before our fastpass time ended. It was so much fun as always. The standby line wasn’t too bad so we turned around and got back on it for a second ride.

Then it was time to head to Africa.

ak28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And our next fastpass was for Kilamanjaro Safaris.

We had the front seat this time, but we were squished. I am not tiny by any means and we were put in the row with some larger people. Claire refused to sit by the other people (she is shy about being by strangers) so I go in first and I was smashed up against the poor guy next to me. I felt so bad. And being in the inside made it harder to get pictures as well.

ak3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

One of the African Trek groups across the way.

ak8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Of course as we traveled along the bumpy ride Claire complained that I was touching her….believe me kid….I don’t want to be touching you either.

ak16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We came to the bridge that rumbles….well sometimes. I think about half the time I have done the safari it has rumbled…it did today.

ak17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I had to laugh as we went over and held on for dear life for fear of the bridge breaking…..a few months ago a post from Trip Advisor had circulated around in some Facebook groups. A lady had given a review of the ride (and park I believe) and talked about how bumpy and dangerous the ride is….and goes on to say that it was so bad that they even crossed a bridge that was falling apart and they just made it over as it sagged and twisted. She was shocked that Disney would allow people to ride on such a thing. It was hilarious…..and I guess we’ll never know if she was joking or not, but reading the whole post….she complained about EVERYTHING! I think she wanted her money back. Hahahaha

This little guy is so cute.

ak18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Ooooohhhhh! He is drinking…how cute!

ak20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Rhinos are waaaaaay back there.

ak23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After the ride we took a break and had a drink and relaxed a bit. I think we may have called Skip at this point then too.

At one point I told her that next time I go on a 2 week trip I am going to bring someone who actually likes me. Well the complaints stopped for a bit, but still continued on for the rest of the day in milder manner.

I am not surprised she toned it down somewhat afterwards.

The bars came into place and not a single issue!

Yay, I bet that was a relief.

Everyone I had talked to before said it was like Soarn’ on steroids and that is a perfect description. It’s more personalized for you since you are on your own bike, but still similar in the way you move around. The wind blows on your face…. the smells are wonderful… The effects are amazing. You can feel your banshee breathing and moving between your legs. It’s just incredible.

This sounds like a ride I would really enjoy.

It was now time to find a snack at the Canteen. We decided to try both desserts and share them.

pandora103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They look delicious.

Corinna

I had to laugh as we went over and held on for dear life for fear of the bridge breaking…..a few months ago a post from Trip Advisor had circulated around in some Facebook groups. A lady had given a review of the ride (and park I believe) and talked about how bumpy and dangerous the ride is….and goes on to say that it was so bad that they even crossed a bridge that was falling apart and they just made it over as it sagged and twisted. She was shocked that Disney would allow people to ride on such a thing. It was hilarious…..and I guess we’ll never know if she was joking or not, but reading the whole post….she complained about EVERYTHING! I think she wanted her money back. Hahahaha

This made me lol. I have been scared going to so many hotels because of exactly that people complaining on trip advisor and then I go and find the place the exact opposite of the negative reviews. I think some people will complain about anything. :rolleyes:

He's to cute :love:

This made me lol. I have been scared going to so many hotels because of exactly that people complaining on trip advisor and then I go and find the place the exact opposite of the negative reviews. I think some people will complain about anything. :rolleyes:

You really have to read around what people post there. Some complaints are just that persons perception and some people complain about everything no matter what.

He's to cute

He really is

Our next stop would be to see the Lion King. Would you believe we have only seen this show once and it was several years ago. Today was our first time in the new theatre.

ak25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got in line and were held off at a rope. The people next to us were totally panicking that when they allowed the others we were going to have to wait for the next show. They were sure the theatre was tiny and wouldn’t hold many people. They even wanted to duck under the rope to go in with the other crowds, but a CM saw they were contemplating it and came and stood over by us. She told us we were in the standby line, but many of us would still make it in. I was at the front, so I was fine, but really they should tell people that when they get in line there.

We were let in and up at the top back area, but that was fine with us and it was definitely cooler than outside.

The show soon started and I took a lot of pictures with both my phone and camera.

ak31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The show is really good…but the lack of sleep was catching up to me and at times….just sitting still there…I felt like I could fall asleep.

ak39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After the show was over, we slowly made our way out. Claire wanted some kind of popsicle or something she had seen others eating, so we went in search for a stand that had those.

ak48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This is the first we have seen the River of Lights stadium, so we took a few quick pictures.

ak51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We found Claire’s treat and then we sat down to rest a bit. I had bought cooling towels, and I got mine wet and had it around my neck. Claire thought it was so embarrassing that I did that and refused to use her own. I really didn’t care, it felt nice.

Anything would with temps like this.

ak45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We decided to look in some shops and keep cool that way too. I found this shirt and it is so me!

ak46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then went and looked along one of the trails. We rarely do these trails at all and usually only go so far in. We only did one today, but we went all the way through.

ak30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I thought these fish were so pretty.

ak54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Hippo Butt!

ak55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A little trivia for you….The Toledo Zoo, which is the zoo that is local to me….is the first zoo ever to have the underwater viewing area of hippos. I remember how cool it was when they built that area….we were all so excited…but the water is hardly ever clear enough to see them unless they are pretty close to the window.

ak56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ak61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After that, we found a quiet spot to sit as I needed to call Alamo and schedule a pick up for tomorrow. I had a 1 day rental to get us to the port and I wanted to be sure to be picked up as early as possible.

We then tried to check in a little early for our ADR at Tusker House, but the lady wouldn’t let us. I saw others going around this lady and checking in early, but she had caught us and told us to wait another 15 minutes. RATS! I was hoping to get seated early so we could leave and take a break. I know had we been able to check in then we would have been seated fairly fast too.

So we waited in the area and drank some water and watched for the lady to leave so we could check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!