Are you booked with a Free Dining Offer? Poll: Have you been contacted and what offer given?

Contacted with new offer?

• Yes, received a new offer - 35% current stay

Votes: 130 53.7%
  • Yes, received a new offer - 35% off later stay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, only generic email

Votes: 38 15.7%
  • No email and no offer yet

Votes: 74 30.6%

• Total voters
Hi all! Could really use some advice here. I spoke with a CM today regarding the room discount being offered for guests who booked a vacation with the free dining recovery offer. I was just told by that CM that due to my dates (June 1st - June 10th), that I could not receive that discount, even though I booked that offer.......Am I missing something here? This does not seem right at all. Any advice is appreciated.

Hi all! Could really use some advice here. I spoke with a CM today regarding the room discount being offered for guests who booked a vacation with the free dining recovery offer. I was just told by that CM that due to my dates (June 1st - June 10th), that I could not receive that discount, even though I booked that offer.......Am I missing something here? This does not seem right at all. Any advice is appreciated.

They are currently only applying the 35% discount to current reservations that had the free dining promo. That 35% off, as of now, is not being applied to future new or modified trips. The 35% is only being applied to current dates of a reservation. Since they are not open June 1 - June 10, it does not apply. Fingers crossed, they will reach back to guests who had the promo completely pulled out from under them and offer them something in the future - we just don't know if or when that will happen.

They are currently only applying the 35% discount to current reservations that had the free dining promo. That 35% off, as of now, is not being applied to future new or modified trips. The 35% is only being applied to current dates of a reservation. Since they are not open June 1 - June 10, it does not apply. Fingers crossed, they will reach back to guests who had the promo completely pulled out from under them and offer them something in the future - we just don't know if or when that will happen.
Wowww, very interesting. Not gonna lie, it's a little frustrating. I wonder why they are approaching it this way

Wowww, very interesting. Not gonna lie, it's a little frustrating. I wonder why they are approaching it this way

IMHO, they may not know what they can do, yet, for those they had to cancel due to the closure. For those guests whose resorts remain on the books when resorts are open, it may have been fairly simple to just pull that 35% off to compensate for the loss of free dining. Since there is no way to book future reservations right now, there is really nothing to offer guests who had free dining during the closure period. I would just keep watching - hopefully at some point they will circle back around and offer something to the June to early July guests. We can only hope!

Yesterday WDW got around to delete my recovery FD. The new price is almost exactly what I calculated for 35% off the room portion of the package. Just a few pennies off.

Now I wait to see if I can do something with the park ticket I don't need - I have an AP. If not, no big deal. Also, like everyone else waiting to reserve my park days and see if I get a resort upgrade.

Good luck everyone and stay safe.

Never mind. Back to having the original balance due.
Is there a way to delete a post?
So I have one of those FD reservations in the middle of the opening. My reservation is at a deluxe resort that also has a DVC side. We received a letter saying we would get 35% off. Everything was still the same w/ our reservation until sometime today. There was a very slight change. The total amount due is gone. We had only paid the deposit. Also the cancel button is gone. There’s only a phone number there to call. We’re waiting and hoping we can modify since we would be arriving before any parks are open and we don’t need park hoppers.

Last edited:
Never mind. Back to having the original balance due.
Is there a way to delete a post?
So I have one of those FD reservations in the middle of the opening. My reservation is at a deluxe resort that also has a DVC side. We received a letter saying we would get 35% off. Everything was still the same w/ our reservation until sometime today. There was a very slight change. The total amount due is gone. We had only paid the deposit. Also the cancel button is gone. There’s only a phone number there to call. We’re waiting and hoping we can modify since we would be arriving before any parks are open and we don’t need park hoppers.
That happened on my account, but as soon as I refreshed it, the balance due reappeared.

Still nothing but I did get the "your balance is due by June 7th" email
Yep, same here. Got the letter, but nothing has changed in MyPlans. Called about a half hour ago and was told pretty much just to wait (very nicely in a Disney sort of way :flower3:), and that I would be getting the offer, but they are going through each of the reservations "by hand" so will take awhile to get to everyone. Doesn't help those of us that have flights to schedule/reschedule, or other visits to rearrange, so guess we'll see how long it takes to get to the early-July people.

Booked 7/10-7/15 on cancelled March free dining.

have only received the generic email and I’m annoyed that they aren’t contacting people in order of reservation date

Booked 7/10-7/15 on cancelled March free dining.

have only received the generic email and I’m annoyed that they aren’t contacting people in order of reservation date
Agree! Trying to figure out a rhyme or reason about who they are contacting when, and whose reservations they are moving or canceling, is becoming harder and harder to understand. I'd love to see the prioritization chart they have as arrival date seems to be pretty low on their radar. Probably is more based on...AP status, DVC ownership, cost of package, resort, length of stay, etc.

Free dining bounce back from last August for July 31st through August 13 2020. I received an e-mail a few days ago about the dining plan being pulled and getting the 35% off the room. I have not yet seen this change in MDE or the web site. For those that have a question. The free dining REQUIRED the purchase of park hoppers. Are they taking those off too? Are they letting you remove them?

Free dining bounce back from last August for July 31st through August 13 2020. I received an e-mail a few days ago about the dining plan being pulled and getting the 35% off the room. I have not yet seen this change in MDE or the web site. For those that have a question. The free dining REQUIRED the purchase of park hoppers. Are they taking those off too? Are they letting you remove them?
They haven't updated my Plan yet, but from what the CM told this morning...and pretty much what everyone else has confirmed for those whose reservations have not been automatically cancelled...is that they will take off the dining package and the park hopping option from the tickets so you will end up with just a room and basic single-park/day ticket that is then discounted 35%. But think that only will be good for guests that they can accommodate in other resorts if they have to move them. If they have to cancel your reservation, my understanding is that you will get 35% off a future (limited window) basic reservation package, but right now, park-hopping and the dining plan are not available to be booked for the foreseeable future.

But no, you cannot remove it yourself...or make any changes to your reservation...it's either cancel or call at this time.

I see several posting people here and in other groups that have mid-July stays around opening dates that haven’t had their packages updates yet. Does anyone think this has to do with Disney possibly not opening resorts, maybe making resort moves for these people or considering another option for them?
I have a July 4 Riviera stay that has not been adjusted to remove the dining plan.

I got the e-mail on Wednesday. Had Quick Service FD Bounce Back offer from my trip in September 2019. Going September 2020. The new name of the package without the FD is: Recovery20 Disney Resort Hotel Package. They took 35% of my balance. But my tickets still have the park hopper plus option in the My Disney Experience App. I'm not sure if those will be changed automatically.

I have a July 4 Riviera stay that has not been adjusted to remove the dining plan.

We had July 7-14 stay at Art of Animation that was booked on 1/2. Got the email about the dining plans being canceled on 5/29, but that’s the last we heard. Free dining is still listed for us in the app.

i think I’m just going to call and cancel. We’re planning to reschedule for next year, but we’re still not sure on the new dates yet and I’m not sure that 35% off offer will apply to anything we try to schedule.

Package finally dropped the free dining, and I'm not super happy. Our price only dropped $400 with the discount, but losing the dining. So now for our 6-night trip, we have $400 to feed 4 adults until we breakeven.

I'd anticipate we'll spend about $1,500 on food between the 4 of us, so we now need to come up with an extra thousand dollars for our trip. To say I'm annoyed would be an understatement :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter