Are you allowed to visit the AKL gift shop?

TheWho

DIS Veteran'
I stayed at AKL last year and loved it. I'm going to WDW this year but will not be staying at AKL or eating there. However, I want to visit the gift shop. Will the guard let me through or are all vistors banned, unless you have a room or meal reservation.

thanks,

You should have no problem getting in to visit the gift shop. IT is a really nice one, isn't it :)

Anne

I don't think that they are checking as closely as they were before. What I would do is take Disney Transportation from one of the parks and enter the gift shop via the outside door. You would not even have to go into the hotel itself.

This past summer, we visited AKL by getting on the bus from the MK. We shopped at the gift shop and went to see the animals. Then, we got on a bus to Epcot (I think it was Epcot) and had no problems. We went back a couple days later, by bus, for dinner at BOMA's.

I was just there last month staying at All Stars. We went over to AKL and told the guard we just wanted to visit, and he waved us through and said have a nice time. No problem to visit there any time!

That's what fun about visiting each resort...every gift shop has merchandise unique to that resort that can't be found anywhere else!

Of course you can visit the gift shop at AKL! I don't think the day will ever come that Disney will stop people from spending money in one of their shops, restaurants, etc. It is against their religion!! LOL :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!