Are you a D23 member? If so, come in please.

BensWife

DIS Veteran
Tell me about D23 club. Does it have perks? Is it worth the money? Tell me all you can. Thanks!

Does it have perks? Is it worth the money?

There are a few discounts associated with the membership and the magazine is nicely done, but in my opionion, to be "worth the money", you have to be able to do some of the events.

I've done the D23 Expo, the tour of the Walt Disney Studios, the 1st Anniversary Party, went shopping at Mickey's of Glendale and saw Pollyanna on the Studios lot. For me it was worth it.

The D23 Expo was almost worth it alone. I know that anyone couldn've purchased tickets for the Expo, but D23 members were allowed in earlier, which made the difference in whether or not you were able to see some of the early presentations.

I already have my tickets for Destation D.

If you spend a lot of time in downtown Disney you will notice there are a lot if merchants that offer discounts (mostly 10% off). Although you could probably recieve the same discounts with an annual pass or a DVC membership.

If you spend a lot of time in downtown Disney you will notice there are a lot if merchants that offer discounts (mostly 10% off). Although you could probably recieve the same discounts with an annual pass or a DVC membership.

I've heard people had trouble getting their D23 discount in DTD. I've never tried as it is tough to get me out of the parks.

D23 is completely worth it if you can do at least one event a year. For instance: I'm a charter member and didn't do any events my first year. I reluctantly renewed for this year and got tickets to the Disney Studios & Archives Tour. I will continue to renew even if I do an event every other year.

And if you figure you buy the D23 Magazine from Barnes & Noble every quarter that's about $64. What's an extra $11 when you get the magazine mailed to your house with the member freebies with them as well?

I have enjoyed my D23 membership. I have been able to attend several events, and that's what makes the membership worthwhile. Most of the events do seem to be at either Disney World or in the Los Angeles area. Many people are upset by this.

D23 is completely worth it if you can do at least one event a year. For instance: I'm a charter member and didn't do any events my first year. I reluctantly renewed for this year and got tickets to the Disney Studios & Archives Tour. I will continue to renew even if I do an event every other year.

And if you figure you buy the D23 Magazine from Barnes & Noble every quarter that's about $64. What's an extra $11 when you get the magazine mailed to your house with the member freebies with them as well?

Yep...I love being a member..I signed up the first day and renewed without question. I don't really see perks..AP and DVC get more discounts and such, but I love the little extras..the member gift this year was a wonderful calendar..18 months I think? with attractions that never made it on each page. We have gotten cool things with the magazine, which is really a beautiful book like thing, and some pins and such too. I went to the Expo last year and it was simply amazing, and am going to Destination D and the Scavenger Hunt in Sept, and the Expo August 11.
Really enjoy it :)

I definitely like the D23 membership and a D23 Charter Member. The discounts at DTD are good, but since I am DL AP holder, there is no need for me to use my D23 card at DTD. I have attended the grand opening of the Walt Disney Museum in SF and the D23 Expo last year. I also agree with msteddom said on his post that D23 needs to get more events that are not in Orlando or the Los Angeles area. I am looking forward to the D23 Expo next year in August and hoping that the D23 staff will have another tour available for the Walt Disney Studios and Archives.

There's discounts at DTD for D23 members?!

Yep.

These venues in the Downtown Disney District in Anaheim are proud to offer D23 Members the following discounts:

AMC 12 Theaters® — 10% off

Anne Geddes — 10% off

Basin® — 10% off

Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar — 10% off, not during special events

Compass Books & Café — 10% off

ESPN Zone — See offer listed above

Fossil® — 10% off

Häagen-Dazs® — 10% off

Hairwraps International — 10% off

House of Blues® — 10% off, before 5:00 p.m.

Island Charters — 10% off

Jamba Juice® — 10% off

Kaman's Art Shoppe — 10% off, including Face Painting, Letter Brush Art, and Pastel Portraits Cart

La Brea Bakery & Café® — 10% off

Letter Brush Art — Receive for free, when you present your membership card, one of the following upgrades: calligraphy text, glitter, or stamped design on your matting.

LEGO Imagination Center® — 10% off

Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria — 10% off, not during special events

Napolini — 10% off

Pastel Portraits — Receive a free stamped design on your matting when you present your membership card!

Pearl Factory — 10% off

Quiksilver — 10% off, cannot be combined with other sales, offers or promotional items or gift cards.

Rainforest Café® — 10% off is on breakfast and dinner before 4 p.m.

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen® — 10% discount on food, excluding special events. Maximum discount of $40.

RIDEMAKERZ® — 10% off

Something Silver® — 10% off

Sunglass Icon© — 10% off

Tortilla Jo's — 10% off, not during special events

Wetzel's Pretzels® — 10% off

We're charter members also, and we've enjoyed it since the beginning and we don't live on either coast. Sure, it would be nice to be able to attend more events or have something extra for the people who can't attend due to location, but we're big collectors and love the magazines, extra gifts, pin collecting and of course, we'll never miss the D23 Expo. Had an incredible time last time and can't wait for next year.

to be "worth the money", you have to be able to do some of the events.

I agree with the other posts about this - I have found the D23 membership to be well worth it, and renewed without hesitation, but I think what makes it worthwhile is access to the events. I attended several events the first year. The merchandise and discounts are great, but I'm not sure if I would enjoy the membership as much if I wasn't able to attend the special events. They are always well done, fun, and full of great people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter