Are we still Esta-ed?

Hobbes

DIS Veteran
My husband and I do not have new ESTAs at the same time-when we married I needed a new passport and a new ESTA. So it always turns out that on alternate holidays one of us needs a new ESTA. Here's the thing, I can't remember which of us needs one this time and I have lost the screen prints of the details from last time so I don't know which one has run out. I have tried messaging Dept of immigration and asking which has expired but more than a week later I haven't had a response (It said 72 hours to reply). Is there any other way to check or should I just get us both a new one-TBH, it will be a lot less confusing if we are both re-ESTAed at the same time!

I cant help with how you find out but for 14 dollars each why not just do another one each and then they will run out together in 2 years.

I cant help with how you find out but for 14 dollars each why not just do another one each and then they will run out together in 2 years.
Yes that's what we figured would be best-hope they don't think there's anything iffy about one of us possibly having 2 concurrent ESTAs!

On the official ESTA website you can check your status- on a mobile, it’s the three lines on the right opposite the word ESTA.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/individualStatusLookup

Yes that's what I'd already tried-it said they would respond within 72 hours but that was a week ago. I think I'd better reapply for both-that will work for the next couple of years until one of us needs a new passport again!

Thanks to both of you for replying so quickly. I'm now off to write 100 lines on "I must not throw away official US government forms" :rotfl2:

We had a similar situation - in the end it was easier to just reapply for all of us so they were the same expiry (had to add our 2nd child too). And print off the documentation to keep with the passports ;)

My ESTA expires on August 30th 2020

We arrive Orlando on the 7th and depart on the 29th August.

That's fine isn't it?
Totally fine. ESTA only needs to be valid for outbound travel

Yes that's what we figured would be best-hope they don't think there's anything iffy about one of us possibly having 2 concurrent ESTAs!

Nothing to worry about as you'll not have concurrent ESTAs. A new application will supersede an existing ESTA...you would be notified of this during the application process

You can check the status of your ESTA online using your passport details if you no longer have your Application Number.
On the Official ESTA Application Website select the

Check ESTA status' tab

then

Check Individual Status

At that point you have to put in your Passport Number and Application Number or Passport Information.

I do it using the Passport Information every time we go just to make absolutely sure our ESTAs as still totally OK.

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter