Are we going to kill the poor horse?!

funkyspunky871

Mouseketeer
Okay, so my family and I (4 of us) are thinking about doing a sleigh/carriage ride at Fort Wilderness this December, but we're all pretty overweight... like 250-275 each. (Trying to lose 50ish lbs before the trip but it's a slow process regardless). Are we gonna kill the poor horse with all that weight?! Lol, this might be a ridiculous question but I don't want to book the ride only to be turned away... and if it's not obvious already, we have no prior experience with horse-drawn carriage rides because of this fear of ours.

I would just call the number they give to book and ask what the weight limit is for the carriage. Then you will know for sure. Have a great trip and good luck with your weight loss!

I wouldn't be worried about it; a single horse can pull 6000 to 8000 pounds.

I used to drive a single horse drawn carriage in downtown Dallas, TX. I would not have turned down four 200-250 pound adults. Fort Wilderness is flat so once it gets rolling it is not that difficult for the horse. It never hurts to call and ask though. It would be a wonderful goal to lose 50 pounds for Disney simply because it would make it so much more easier to do everything! The amount of walking alone would be a lot more enjoyable! I need to drop a few pounds before our trip for sure too.

They use some big draft horses, no problem at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter