Are we cutting it too close 12:45 flight from Vancouver after cruise?

lisaradz

Mouseketeer
I booked airfare and now I'm wondering if the flight is too early. My choices are 12:45 and 8:00 pm. We are spending a few days in Vancouver before cruise so we would just like to get home after.

I would think 12:45 is ok. I think they recommend nothing before noon. Don't forget it is an international flight to go back to the states, ie. US customs. We are flying out the next day. We have to go to the east coast, so all our flights are either early or red eye. Tuesday is cheaper, so that is working for us.

I'm doing an 11:45 a.m. flight, so I am a tad concerned though my TA says I should be fine. Disney recommends no flights before noon. I have late seating so I think I am going to hit Cabanas for breakfast instead of waiting for my seating and bring our own bags off. Last year someone grabbed our bag by accident so we were in baggage claim a long time. Not a worry because we were flying out next day but this time I can't afford that kind of hassle. If you have your own bags you can disembark when you want. You're not confined to a time.

12:45 will be just fine. If you're really concerned, skip your sit down breakfast (if you're second seating) and do express walk off. When we got off the Wonder from Alaska last August, we were second seating for breakfast. We were in a cab and at the airport picking our car up by 10:30 (we live in the 'burbs and it was cheaper to park at YVR and take a cab to and from airport/port than to park our car at Canada Place for the week).

On our cruise we had a later afternoon flight. We almost booked an earlier flight so we didn't have to sit around the airport for a few hours, but after our Disney transfer bus driver got lost (yes seriously) and took forever to get us to the airport, and someone on our bus missed their 11:45 flight because of it.... We were perfectly happy to have that cushion and not be stressed over our flight and just sit in the airport and relax after watching that mess. Lots of people do those early flights and seem fine, just remember you have to go through customs BEFORE you board your flight back to the USA in Vancouver. So add a little extra time on for that.

I would say no problem, but we did not disembark on our last Disney Cruise until 1pm!!! Ugh!!! Completely wrecked our travel plans. I would way the cost to change. If it is really expensive to change it should you run late, I would take the later flight. Normally we are off by 9 at the latest.

Shouldn't be a problem we had a 1pm flight just took our own luggage off to make sure we would be on time.... Get a quick bite to eat early and get off !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!