Are we being unrealistic when it comes to Money?

CBRorBust

Always dreaming of Hot Chocolate
My boyfriends mother said they spent about $1000/person just in spending money. Am I being crazy if we (2 adults, no kids) are only planning on spending about $100/day on food and maybe $200 on souviners? I wasn't planning on buying for anyone other than:

Nephews-2 mickey ears, one for each.
Mom/Dad-Nice Snow Globe w/something Disney in it
and ME-A sweater, key chain, maybe a t-shirt.

As far as our meals go, we will probably do 2 sit down max a day one being a Character Meal.

I don't know. Let me know what you think.

Your budget sounds very realistic to me. You should easily be able to meet or beat your food budget each day and $200 for the items you named is reasonable.

Have Fun!

Last trip I did a breakdown when I got home and me and DH only spent $400 for 6 days there on food. We did use 1 flex feature for breakfast which if we would have paid for would have been $50. We only spent $100 for souveniers.

We had one nice dinner at Fultons, but it only ran us about $80. Ate at 50's Prime Time. We are people who do commando type touring and was spending most of time going to attractions and grabbing fast food when it was convienent.

Hope this helps.

On my last trip, I allocated $750 for two adults and a kid for a week for food & purchases and we came home with $100. I've allocated more this time but it certainly wasn't required.

My husband and I rarely scrimp on food and meals at WDW, but there is really only so much that you can eat! We've found that $100/day is more than sufficient as an average including some very expensive meal (although we don't drink alcohol so that could raise your average costs).

Souveniers are a different story, but if that's all you're intending to buy, you sound fine!

Lisa

I agree, your budget sounds good to me! We (2 adults) budget 100 a day on food. That means usually breakfast in the room, 1 counter service or character meal, and 1 sit down. This really works out nicely - I already can tell some days I will be over and some under but I think it will work out. Last year I only spent $100 on souveniers. This year we're moving and I want to get some things for the new house, so I've been saving up my money to buy lots to have a disney house! I buy Disney dollars every week and will have a great deal by the time we go. That way I can't get desparate for pizza and spend my Mickey money :)

We are going with a family of 4 me, DH, DD (17) and DS (2 1/2) and i am figuring $250 a day for food and spending money. If we bring some home that would be great. If we run out i will have a credit card (which i don't plan on using). Michelle

In March we I had 1000 spending money for 7 days. It was the 2 adults and 2 children (5 & 7). We had 3 character meals and I had bought some Disney things...ie ears and badges and sweatshirts, before we left and we came home with acouple quarters in our pocket.

A lot of money can be spent on alcohol! We don't drink any and get by with water at a lot of meals...its much better for you!

Think about how much you plan to spend on liquids and adjust your budget from there. If you have to buy cokes at $2.50 it will add up quickly! I have recently kicked my caffeine habit and have been saving lots of money on my .50 Pepsi.
I don't know how much a beer costs but I bet it adds up fast.

Hence, we usually plan on $100 a day and include our travel days in that budget (we drive). I usually have enough cash left over to buy a few groceries when we get home! (which I am sure will be spent on gasoline this time!)

However...we may have to increase that as my DH and all three kids have been talking about Mickey Ears and goofy bars for weeks!:smooth:

I usually budget $30 a day for my son and I for meals. I only eat one real meal a day (digestive problems) and he only gets kids meals so we may spend less than most.

I think your souvenir budget sounds very reasonable. Go and have a great time!

Two adults can eat well on an average of $100/day IMHO. This should be enough to have a decent sit down meal (especially if it is breakfast or lunch) plus some snacks and one or more counter service meals. Counter service meals should be in the $20 range for two people, the sit down meal can be easily done (and nicely done) in the range of $40-60 for two people, and this leaves $20-40 for another meal, snacks, or a more extravagant sit down meal (or more elaborate beverages). Good luck in your planning--be sure to check out some of the menus on Deb Wills' site for help in plotting out some of your meals as you attempt to budget and plan your trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter