Are touring plans necessary?

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
We only have 2 days for both parks, Sunday 8/26 and Monday 8/27. Plus we are staying off site Saturday night into Sunday am, so we probably won't be able to hit the parks super early on Sunday. We'd need to check out, head to Royal Pacific and check in there to get our express passes. I'm hoping to get there by 8:30 if I can get the grumpy teenager out on time. So, with our 2 day park to park pass & express pass, do we really need a touring plan? Especially if we take a possible mid-day break? Our priorities are the usual: all of Harry Potter, most of the rides and a few shows.

We only have 2 days for both parks, Sunday 8/26 and Monday 8/27. Plus we are staying off site Saturday night into Sunday am, so we probably won't be able to hit the parks super early on Sunday. We'd need to check out, head to Royal Pacific and check in there to get our express passes. I'm hoping to get there by 8:30 if I can get the grumpy teenager out on time. So, with our 2 day park to park pass & express pass, do we really need a touring plan? Especially if we take a possible mid-day break? Our priorities are the usual: all of Harry Potter, most of the rides and a few shows.

No with unlimited EP for 2 days, you will be able to do a lot and no long waits in line!:thumbsup2 Plus the crowds will diminish by late August as the southern schools are back in session. I would look at the layout of the park online and check out the rides you are interested in. Also, maybe plan out where you'd like to eat. You don't need to make reservations at the table service restaurants. We usually do so the day before or day of just to minimize our wait!

Have a great time! Check back here and tell us about your trip!:)

Touring PLans is an awesome site,(Ive used it many times) however with a 2 day EP you shouldnt have any issues

We have gone that same period a couple times (and are doing so again this year) and have never needed much of a plan. We don't even have EPs for these trips.
We are definitely rope droppers, so that might make it easier for us - but generally the crowds have been on the low side and short waits.
With EPs, it should be a breeze.

If you are new to the UO parks, all you need to do is check out the parks layout on the website

Get an idea of locations of specific places
Restrooms
First aide
Guest services
Show times

And the layout of the park
IOA is more circular while the Studios have other walkways to reach sections of the parks
You will be fine with a two parks ticket days at the darkside

With the ep, you can see it all
It will be fun for you

I used it to put together a basic plan, but never really used it. We had EP in mid-june and the waits were minimal.

I would never use touring plans for ANYTHING especially not a universal trip with EP and 2 days to get everything done.

I have been thinking about it and I guess I do do some planning for UO.

I try to work it out so I am at certain points around certain times like for shows, or at 3 broom sticks for lunch.

But as for having a step by step, ride by ride plan, no, not necessary with EP.

We almost always sleep in and rarely get to the parks before 10. You should still have plenty of time to take a mid day break. We usually just call it quits early afternoon, and go do something else Orlando offers. Sometimes we will go back to UO for a couple of hours depending on the closing times.

I actually prefer the parks later in the evening. No so hot, crowds have usually thinned out too.

I would recommend just thinking about a very general plan, particularly if you're expecting to take the Hogwarts Express; you might want to plan ahead when you'd like to switch from one park to another via HE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts