Are those Glazed Nuts or Spiced Nuts that they sell in EPCOT?

bethie

DIS Veteran
I have seen many different recipes for making both Glazed Nuts and Spiced Nuts. I just want to duplicate the ones they sell in EPCOT in the paper cones. I am thinking they are glazed. Does anybody know what I am talking about. I thought they would make nice gifts. Thanks! Beth:p

I think a little of both. The stuff comes in a gallon jug, and they just pour it over the nuts and cook them. DH went on a quest to reproduce them since they are his favorite treat at Epcot. I'll see if I can resurrect the recipe he thought came close from the mess of a bookcase I call organized.

Here are some recipes I use from Southern Living magazine they are very close to the ones at Epcot! I give them as gifts, at least I try to, DH eats them as fast as I make them!

Pecan Recipes

Combine 2 cups of pecan halves with any of the following ingredient combinations, and bake in 13 x 9-inch pan at 275 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Transfer to wax paper to cool.

Butter Toasted:
2 T melted butter
1 ½ tsp. salt

Hot Pepper:
2 T melted butter
1 ½ tsp. soy sauce
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
½ tsp. hot sauce

Cinnamon-Sugar:
2 T melted butter
3 T sugar
½ tsp. ground cinnamon

NOTES: Recipes found in Southern Living, 1996 Home for the Holidays Magazine, Page 82

Creole Roasted Pecans:
3 cups pecan halves
¼ C butter, melted
1T Worcestershire sauce
1tsp Creole seasoning

SL Nov. 2001

Thank you. I really love those things!

I was hoping to be able to make some as Christmas gifts. I wish I could buy a jug of the "stuff". LOL

Maleficent1959, I am anxious to see your hubby's interpretation. Thanks guys.

Beth

I missed these while in Epcot . . . I love nuts! :D

Thanks for sharing, Tiggerkeeper. And I'm looking forward Maleficent's husband's version, too!

d

Ok, I know this isn't what you asked for...but my friend in California just told me about a store she LOVES called Trader Joes..and I was checking out the website...

On the site they had something called :

Cocoa Roasted Mixed Nuts
Time to Table: 10 Minutes

Makes six 1/4 cup servings

2 Tbsp Corman! Light Butter
11/2 cups Trader Joe's Mixed Nuts (in a tub)
1 scoop Azteca D'Oro 1519 Mexican Spiced Cocoa
2 Tbsp Sugar
Trader Joe's Canola Oil Cooking Spray

Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add nuts and cook about 5 minutes (stirring several times) over medium heat. Turn off flame; add cocoa and sugar and mix well. Coat toaster oven tray with cooking spray. Transfer nuts to tray and toast 2-3 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy the aroma of freshly roasted nuts for hours!

Nutrition Analysis (Per Serving):
Calories 230, Total Fat 17g Sat. Fat 3.5 g, Cholest.0 mg,
Sodium 140 mg, Protein 6 g, Total Carb.16g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 10g

I thought this sounded kind of interesting...so I thought I'd share...:) Has anyone else ever heard of this place? They don't have it in our area... :(

Anyway, sorry to go off topic...just wanted to share! :)

A former co-worker has a sister in CA that she visits - she brought me a box of stuff from Trader Joe's once - YUMMY!! :D :D :D

I found a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Company outlet out in Lancaster that had similar goods. Their were pretty good, too! ;)

d

Trader Joe's is an incredible store. They have Wal-mart prices for "gourmet" stuff. We shopped there regularly when we lived in Phoenix. Sadly, they are not even remotely close to us now and don't ship. But when we visit friends in California and Phoenix we always stock up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter