Are they still using tilapia at Yorkshire Fish Shop?

Hettie

DIS Veteran
I haven't seen any mention of the fish issue at Yorkshire in awhile. Has anyone had the fish and chips lately that can tell us how it was? Or can anyone confirm what type of fish they're using now?

I haven't seen any mention of the fish issue at Yorkshire in awhile. Has anyone had the fish and chips lately that can tell us how it was? Or can anyone confirm what type of fish they're using now?
Delicious as usual. Just back from a 2 week trip at WDW and we ate there for a late breakfast one day and a snack one night before watching Illuminations.
For those who won't eat there because it may or may not be tilipia, I say thank you - more for me;).

Tilapia?

Is Cod unavailable in Florida?
The cod catch in the Atlantic has been at record lows for the past 4 or 5 years from Canada to the US due to overfishing and warmer water. Similar problems for the cod stock of Ireland, Scotland and Britain. The UK now imports the vast majority of their fish from Iceland.

The cod catch in the Atlantic has been at record lows for the past 4 or 5 years from Canada to the US due to overfishing and warmer water. Similar problems for the cod stock of Ireland, Scotland and Britain. The UK now imports the vast majority of their fish from Iceland.
Wow. I was unaware.

Which means companies must either use a cheaper fish for fish and chips, eat the difference and hope the customers dont notice or jack up prices to offset the increased cost. Since the price is pretty much the same and Disney is not about to eat the cost difference, It seems they would use a cheaper fish aka Tilapia.

Which means companies must either use a cheaper fish for fish and chips, eat the difference and hope the customers dont notice or jack up prices to offset the increased cost. Since the price is pretty much the same and Disney is not about to eat the cost difference, It seems they would use a cheaper fish aka Tilapia.
It could be tilapia, could be pollock which is used extensively in the fast food industry and is actually in the same family as cod or maybe it's something totally different. Whatever fish is used by Yorkshire County it's probably sustainable and less costly because as you noted there has been no extensive price raise in the finished product:).

I'm not a big fan of tilapia, but the fish at the Rose & Crown Pub was delicious! I'm not sure what kind it was.

I'm not sure which fish is being used, but in November the Fish & Chips we got from Yorkshire Country were delicious! I'm not a big fan of fish & chips, but my husband is, and if he noticed a difference it didn't stop him from enjoying his meal. Despite not being a fan myself, I have to say that I enjoy the ones at Yorkshire very much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter