Are they really inforcing the FP rules>

ballarinamom

DIS Veteran
I remember reading a few months back that the CM's were to be stricter on FP return times. This would be a drag for us as we collect FPs all day and have to use some later in the evening. Any insight would be appreciated!

We just got back and they haven't yet so far. Though I heard through CMs that they were going to try to enforce at least RSR at least with an hour leeway. The main reason was that so many people were returning at night. We had fast passes for 9am and my family practically walked right on. We used parent swap that night (10pm) and it took 40 minutes.
We had FPs for GRR and used them after the return time.

HTH :)

We were there last week...no problem with time enforcement. Although our return times were earlier, we rode Racers twice at night during our visit, b/c it is fabulous at night! I can understand why everyone is waiting to ride at night. Generally, we collected f/p through the morning and used them in the evening after our swim/nap break. We also collected a few in the early evening and used them around 10 p.m.

I remember reading a few months back that the CM's were to be stricter on FP return times. This would be a drag for us as we collect FPs all day and have to use some later in the evening. Any insight would be appreciated!
At DLR, no. At WDW, yes. Since March.

No enforcement at DLR. They are now enforcing at WDW, but not in California. Woo Hoo!

We just got back and they haven't yet so far. Though I heard through CMs that they were going to try to enforce at least RSR at least with an hour leeway. The main reason was that so many people were returning at night. We had fast passes for 9am and my family practically walked right on. We used parent swap that night (10pm) and it took 40 minutes.

We were there last week. Got RSR fp in the morning for a 9:30a return.

Used them at 9p.

The CM actually looked at the time because he thought we were early, then saw it was for an am fp return time and laughed and said go ahead.

So, he looked, he saw, he made no comment other than that.

I am so glad to hear this, I am dreading our upcoming WDW stay with the whole enforced FP thing :sad2:. Now I am hoping that the FP rules stays the same for our trip next year to DLR :goodvibes.

It surprises me that there are different policies between the two parks. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to use my fast pass any time but that makes it a challenge when going to WDW.
I still think that there are tons and tons of people who are clueless about how a fast pass even works.
We first went to DL in 2002 and we stuck to the time...It took yearly trips until 2005 for us to realize, hey, we can use these passes anytime after the time on the pass. Sweet!
I hope they keep it that way.

Good to hear!:cool1:

We were there last week...no problem with time enforcement. Although our return times were earlier, we rode Racers twice at night during our visit, b/c it is fabulous at night! I can understand why everyone is waiting to ride at night. Generally, we collected f/p through the morning and used them in the evening after our swim/nap break. We also collected a few in the early evening and used them around 10 p.m.

It surprises me that there are different policies between the two parks.

I'm sure they didn't do it lightly. I imagine the crowds are 2 completely different beasts. I like to look at it as Disneyland being the more civil of the 2 so they don't need to be regulated :)

It surprises me that there are different policies between the two parks. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to use my fast pass any time but that makes it a challenge when going to WDW.
I still think that there are tons and tons of people who are clueless about how a fast pass even works.
We first went to DL in 2002 and we stuck to the time...It took yearly trips until 2005 for us to realize, hey, we can use these passes anytime after the time on the pass. Sweet!
I hope they keep it that way.
The rumors discuss the NextGen FP system that WDW is developing which is less of an issue at DLR. Basically WDW wants to let guests sign up for FPs in advance. Just another level of planning and complexity and tying people down to a given park on a given day - something WDW already excels at.

That will never work well at DLR because there are so many last minute day trippers.

It seems that DLR will be a follower on NextGen and WDW the leader. So the FP policy change is happening at WDW first and may or may not ever happen at DLR.

HydroGuy said:
The rumors discuss the NextGen FP system that WDW is developing which is less of an issue at DLR. Basically WDW wants to let guests sign up for FPs in advance. Just another level of planning and complexity and tying people down to a given park on a given day - something WDW already excels at.

LOL! My sister and I are talking about doing WDW together with our kids in summer of 2014 and were joking that the way things are going we will have to make our ADRs next week. I can't imagine what a headache FP reservations will be!

When I was waiting for California Screamin' yesterday I heard an announcement telling guests to make sure that they have the proper return time. That's all I heard so take it for what its worth, but it made me think they may have been enforcing return times, they could've said it because people were coming before their time.

Although it may still be overlooked from time to time, could I suggest that it may be a good idea to include some sort of note in the DLR Newbies/Planning thread about the fact that as of now, FP times are not being enforced at DLR? It seems to come up quite a bit so it might be worth a lot to have that highlighted in that thread!

When I was waiting for California Screamin' yesterday I heard an announcement telling guests to make sure that they have the proper return time. That's all I heard so take it for what its worth, but it made me think they may have been enforcing return times, they could've said it because people were coming before their time.

Typically this is to caution guests to not try to return early, for example joining the fastpass return line at 9:30 with a fastpass that doesn't open until 9:45. They are strict about the opening time. I've heard similar announcements in the past, and it has never been regarding enforcement of the end time on a fastpass.

Before WDW enforced the rule earlier, there had been signage reminding guests for the FP return time enforcement weeks ahead. Hope DL would do the same when they decide to enforce it, so we would have enough warning ahead of time and be able to plan our days accordingly.

I'll piggyback on this--just got back less than a week ago and they were not enforcing return times at all. We got four different surprise GRR FP (good for 6 people) with return times of 830-930 AM and used all four in a row at around 2 PM. The CM just laughed as we came through the line over and over.

I'll piggyback on this--just got back less than a week ago and they were not enforcing return times at all. We got four different surprise GRR FP (good for 6 people) with return times of 830-930 AM and used all four in a row at around 2 PM. The CM just laughed as we came through the line over and over.
What a truly amazing surprise! I love GRR and I'll ride it even on a cool day, but on a hot day I'd be thrilled to ride it over and over!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter