Are They Enforcing FP Return Times?

Katems

Mouseketeer
Hello...we went to Land last year and they were not enforcing FP return times, and Screamin' was disconnected from the FP overall computer so you could always grab those regardless of whether or not your other FPs were due.

Is this all still happening? I know at World they have been enforcing for about a year now.... How 'bout Land? I'll be going in August of this year.

Thanks!

They are enforcing FP return times at Disneyland. Screamin' is still disconnected most days (it seems as though they may connect it some days) and Radiator Springs Racers is disconnected.

Absolutely son is cm they had meetings and it is in full force and effect.You must go during your window.If single rider is an option for you its better than a fast pass to me..

Non-enforcement was nice while it lasted.

The FP time window is now a reality.

Oh Well..... there ya go.....

Geemo

I was told that that the only exception is if the ride you have a fast pass for goes down during your fastpass window, then they will accept it later in the day. I had a fastpass for Grizzly River Run last night and the ride went down as I was just going to get into line and the CM told me that my FP would be accepted until the end of the evening - I cannot comment on whether they would have accepted it as the park was closing in less than an hour and I didn't expect then to have it back up and running.

Le sigh. Oh well.

Does it put as much of a crimp in your style as it does at World?? Or is it easy enough to make your window since Land's attractions are closer together?

Land doesn't have the enhanced FP system where you have to select ride times ahead of time from home, does it?? That would be awful!

Anyone know if Aladdin's show is still running or if the MSEP has returned? Where would I find any closings or rehabs going on in August?

Thanks!

Le sigh. Oh well.

Does it put as much of a crimp in your style as it does at World?? Or is it easy enough to make your window since Land's attractions are closer together?

Land doesn't have the enhanced FP system where you have to select ride times ahead of time from home, does it?? That would be awful!

Anyone know if Aladdin's show is still running or if the MSEP has returned? Where would I find any closings or rehabs going on in August?

Thanks!

I've found that the enforcement of DLR FPs is less of a hassle than at WDW because the attractions are closer together and if I get a FP that has a return time for 90 min later, there are lots of attractions that I can do that are close by during those 90 min. At WDW I found myself backtracking and walking a lot for FP enforcement.

Disneyland does not have FP+ yet.

Aladdin is still running. MSEP is still at MK, not Disneyland. The only thing that should be closed in August is Big Thunder and that's because it's in the middle of a 10 month refurb that goes until October.

How much of a buffer do they give you for enforcing? I mean, can you be a minute or two off? Everyone's watches are not always timed to Disney's. A bit of a buffer may eliminate the "running" I see some people do to get there in case another line took longer than expected.

How much of a buffer do they give you for enforcing? I mean, can you be a minute or two off? Everyone's watches are not always timed to Disney's. A bit of a buffer may eliminate the "running" I see some people do to get there in case another line took longer than expected.

I wouldn't chance returning late, since it is entirely up to the discretion of the CM whether to allow you into the FP line. Better to return earlier in the window if at all possible.

MychaelP said:

The grace window seems to be about 15 minutes. We saw LOTS of people turned away when it was outside their window, even when they said they were stuck in a line or a restraunt. As for the watch/time iasue, set yours to match their listed time and all will be fine.

All of the FP attractions have a clock with the current time. You can sync your watch to that time if you think it will be an issue. For as many people who have said they have been allowed a grace period there are people who have said they were turned away.

I wouldn't chance returning late, since it is entirely up to the discretion of the CM whether to allow you into the FP line. Better to return earlier in the window if at all possible.

Yep. It's really up to the CM. I was about 10 minutes late for my Splash Mountain FP because of the Soundsational Parade and the traffic afterwards, but she let my group in.

I was told that that the only exception is if the ride you have a fast pass for goes down during your fastpass window, then they will accept it later in the day. I had a fastpass for Grizzly River Run last night and the ride went down as I was just going to get into line and the CM told me that my FP would be accepted until the end of the evening - I cannot comment on whether they would have accepted it as the park was closing in less than an hour and I didn't expect then to have it back up and running.

True. RSR was down for over 2 hours on Tuesday including during the beginning of our fastpass window. When we showed up to ride at 5:10, and the ride was closed, the CM told us our fastpass would be honored for the rest of the evening and to go do something else for a while. We ended up getting in the fastpass line sometime not too long after our window closed. CM didn't even give the fps a second glance, just waved us on through.

True. RSR was down for over 2 hours on Tuesday including during the beginning of our fastpass window. When we showed up to ride at 5:10, and the ride was closed, the CM told us our fastpass would be honored for the rest of the evening and to go do something else for a while. We ended up getting in the fastpass line sometime not too long after our window closed. CM didn't even give the fps a second glance, just waved us on through.

Same thing happened for me with Test Track in WDW. I got a FP before I got into the really short stand-by line. The ride broke down while I was on it so they gave me another FP (2 total now) and said that I could use both them any time in the day. Only thing is, when I went back later that night, the ride broke down again. :lmao:
3 times on that ride, only rode it completely 1 time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter