Are they blocking Platinum for Concierge at 12am?

jnsma

Mouseketeer
We are platinum and today was the first day to book our excursions. I ran into some issues when attempting to log on at midnight trying to book a cabana at castaway cay. Even with how flaky Disney IT is, I'm not sure the issues I had were a coincidence. I was wondering if others have experienced the same behavior... Here's my experience:

I logged in to the DCL website around 9pm last night, before my 120 day window. I was able to start the on-line checkin, which I think is normal. When I tried to go to "book/plan activities", I got the page with the 7 Dwarfs saying they were working on it. No problem, it wasn't my booking time yet so I didn't expect to be able to select anything. I did find it odd that it went to that specific page that we get so often with Disney IT.

I was up just before midnight so I decided to try log in and book a cabana. When I tried to log in I got an error that basically said in big red letters, "We are having trouble finding your reservation, please call this number". I have multiple reservations (including fall 2020) and it wasn't showing any of those either. I tried the usual things including refreshing the page, logging out and back in, killing the tab and opening a new one, and killing my browser and starting a new one. No, I didn't try calling. I was able to log into my DVC account, but that is a different system. Then mysteriously around 12:05am, the problem resolved itself and I was able to see my reservation. When I got to book port adventures for Castaway Cay day, all the cabanas were booked, not suprising.

So my question is are they preventing platinum passengers from booking activities until after all the concierge requests have been satisfied? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that concierge would have priority, I'm sure they are paying for the opportunity. I also wouldn't be upset if concierge could make actual reservations earlier as opposed to simply putting in requests. I'm just curious of the process, even if it isn't fully disclosed.

We are platinum and today was the first day to book our excursions. I ran into some issues when attempting to log on at midnight trying to book a cabana at castaway cay. Even with how flaky Disney IT is, I'm not sure the issues I had were a coincidence. I was wondering if others have experienced the same behavior... Here's my experience:

I logged in to the DCL website around 9pm last night, before my 120 day window. I was able to start the on-line checkin, which I think is normal. When I tried to go to "book/plan activities", I got the page with the 7 Dwarfs saying they were working on it. No problem, it wasn't my booking time yet so I didn't expect to be able to select anything. I did find it odd that it went to that specific page that we get so often with Disney IT.

I was up just before midnight so I decided to try log in and book a cabana. When I tried to log in I got an error that basically said in big red letters, "We are having trouble finding your reservation, please call this number". I have multiple reservations (including fall 2020) and it wasn't showing any of those either. I tried the usual things including refreshing the page, logging out and back in, killing the tab and opening a new one, and killing my browser and starting a new one. No, I didn't try calling. I was able to log into my DVC account, but that is a different system. Then mysteriously around 12:05am, the problem resolved itself and I was able to see my reservation. When I got to book port adventures for Castaway Cay day, all the cabanas were booked, not suprising.

So my question is are they preventing platinum passengers from booking activities until after all the concierge requests have been satisfied? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that concierge would have priority, I'm sure they are paying for the opportunity. I also wouldn't be upset if concierge could make actual reservations earlier as opposed to simply putting in requests. I'm just curious of the process, even if it isn't fully disclosed.
Yes, they do put in concierge requests for cabanas before opening availability up to platinum cruisers.

Something very similar happened to us when we booked for our first platinum...my daughter and I were both on our accounts and neither of us could get in right away. There was one cabana available and I clicked on it but it took forever to load and we lost it. There has to be a way for concierge to book for the clients before platinum gets online. If cabanas are gone then they're gone but not getting into the system when we're supposed to is not the way to do it.

Thanks for this info - we are sailing concierge next year, and I was wondering how this worked. We REALLY want a cabana at Castaway Cay!

Just be sure you do put in your concierge request as early as possible to get the best priority among the concierge guests. Multiple platinum cruisers on our upcoming cruise reported that the cabanas were totally sold out before platinum went in to book, so odds are there were some concierge cruisers who weren't able to get one either.

We recently did our concierge requests. I sent my email at 125 days right at midnight. When I went to do online check-in at 8pm est time on day 121, I could already see all my concierge bookings including cabana. This was not available for viewing prior to being able to select the online check-in option. This makes me think it is already pre-loaded prior to 120 days. I am not sure how much stuff is being done right at midnight of 120 for the concierge people as it most likely is done ahead of time.

We are platinum, not concierge and for WBPC 2/2019 and 8N Eastern 10/2019 we were not even able to see a Cabana to book at 12:00 midnight. They were gone.. Had no problem logging on, they were just reserved by concierge already.

When you get the message; We ar having trouble finding your reservation, log out restart your computer and try again.
But they are not holding anything off for Concierge, they start their bookings 5 days before Platinum members.

We are Platinum sailing concierge and well inside our 120 day window but we have never been able to see cabanas for Castaway Cay. Just kidding.... ....we are on the WBTA so no stop at Castaway Cay.

What I did want to share was a few years ago as Platinum we got a cabana right at midnight. If the cabanas don’t show right at midnight then it is likely they are all booked by concierge.

On our last concierge cruise we had not requested a cabana but we asked when boarding about getting one and we were offered one a couple of days before the CC day. We asked at guest services to be waitlisted on our last cruise, non-concierge, and got one. So it always helps to not give up if you want one, you never know if you will get one.

I have heard that even if they are not all booked or requested, Concierge books all the family beach cabanas. This is so people that book a last minute concierge room at $$$$$$$ can get a cabana or those that get onboard and didn't realize they were supposed to request them at 125 days out can get one. Then if there are ones that are not booked, Disney fills them by waitlist...

Just be sure you do put in your concierge request as early as possible to get the best priority among the concierge guests. Multiple platinum cruisers on our upcoming cruise reported that the cabanas were totally sold out before platinum went in to book, so odds are there were some concierge cruisers who weren't able to get one either.
Did you phone in or email your requests? Did they reach out to you beforehand to let you know when to submit requests? Our 120 day mark is 05/31/20. Did you get lucky enough to score a cabana?!

I have heard that even if they are not all booked or requested, Concierge books all the family beach cabanas. This is so people that book a last minute concierge room at $$$$$$$ can get a cabana or those that get onboard and didn't realize they were supposed to request them at 125 days out can get one. Then if there are ones that are not booked, Disney fills them by waitlist...
they hold one back and not always a family. I once traded a family for adult beach and they were happy to get a family to offer whoever booked royal suite
chris

This is not our experience. We are Platinum and when we logged in at midnight for our last cruise there were 2 family beach cabanas available!

they hold one back and not always a family. I once traded a family for adult beach and they were happy to get a family to offer whoever booked royal suite
chris

I tried to do this on our last cruise. We are platinum and booked a family cabana as our only option at midnight. When I boarded ( we did not stay CL this time, but I have in the past) I stopped at GS and offered to trade my family cabana for a SB cabana if CL had one available after greeting the CL guests. I never heard back.

Thanks for this info - we are sailing concierge next year, and I was wondering how this worked. We REALLY want a cabana at Castaway Cay!
We sail Concierge a lot and have learned that if you feel a certain event will book quickly you don't have to sit up all night waiting to book. Compose an email to onshore concierge team detailing what you want. Make sure to include your sail date, ship and reservation number. Now just set the email to be sent at 1201am on the date you can start booking. The concierge team will receive it on the day your window opens and you will be moved to the list at the time the email was sent. You will then receive an email confirming your choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!