are these paid fastpasses new? what's your opinion?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
being new to everything DLP, i'm not sure if the paid fastpasses i'm seeing are new or not..

in any case, what's your opinion of them?

do you think it's worth it to buy them?

basically, i'm interested in anything you have to say in regards to these fastpasses as i try to figure out our plan of attack... :o

Yes they are new.
Personally I wouldnt pay for them.
They can only be used on rides which have fast pass and not every ride as some people seem to think and there arent a vast amount of rides with fast pass and some of those are open during EMH anyhow (Space Mountain, Buzz, Peter Pan come to mind)

I think you are going in summer is that right? The main park will be open til about 11pm each night so you will have plenty of time to get rides in without paying extra

Yes they are new.
Personally I wouldnt pay for them.
They can only be used on rides which have fast pass and not every ride as some people seem to think and there arent a vast amount of rides with fast pass and some of those are open during EMH anyhow (Space Mountain, Buzz, Peter Pan come to mind)

I think you are going in summer is that right? The main park will be open til about 11pm each night so you will have plenty of time to get rides in without paying extra

yes, we're going at the end of july, so i guess very high season in terms of crowds...
i forgot that we'll have EMH...
and we also get one fastpass per person per day from concierge...
i'm just wondering that if they start selling these things, it will limit the number of free fastpasses that are available..
i was thinking of buying just the ones for the kids....buzz, peter, ratatouille....but maybe not....i really don't know..
while it costs money, we're already paying a small fortune just to go...

and yes, it will be open until 11...the CM told me that the fireworks are at 11 pm every day in the summer..

If you are staying onsite make use of extra magic hour and late nights.

I wouldn’t pay for one and I don’t agree with them as I believe you are right about the free fastpasses being more limited. I’ve heard the fastpass queues are just getting longer. I also think they are overpriced, but I think that’s because they know most people won’t bother and they will get a good pay out from those that do.

If you are staying in club level and getting a hotel fastpass per day plus the free fastpasses plus extra magic it seems like a waste of money.

If you only had one day it would probably be worth it.

We are also going the end of July and we bought them for one day. We will have one full day and two 1/2 days. We are staying onsite at the Disneyland Hotel and will have magic mornings BUT...we are coming from the west coast. With the time change, I know getting up for them will be a struggle so purchasing the passes have really taken the stress out. I agree with others- I don’t like that they are offered AT ALL, but we gave into the temptation for one day. Yes- they were expensive- but in the grand scheme of things, as already mentioned, we are already spending a lot to be there- so a few hundred dollars more didn’t seem to make a huge difference. I’m sure you will be fine with or without them:).

It really depends on your party, first time visitors, when you go, is this a once in a life time visit, one day or multiple day visit, etc.
Do you need them? Most of the time at DLP, I don't think so. With staying at a Disney hotel, good use of EMH and a strategy I think you can do it all even without fastpasses.

We are also going the end of July and we bought them for one day. We will have one full day and two 1/2 days. We are staying onsite at the Disneyland Hotel and will have magic mornings BUT...we are coming from the west coast. With the time change, I know getting up for them will be a struggle so purchasing the passes have really taken the stress out. I agree with others- I don’t like that they are offered AT ALL, but we gave into the temptation for one day. Yes- they were expensive- but in the grand scheme of things, as already mentioned, we are already spending a lot to be there- so a few hundred dollars more didn’t seem to make a huge difference. I’m sure you will be fine with or without them:).

omg - you're staying at the disneyland hotel?
i priced club level and realized i'd have to sell both kidneys to pay for 3 rooms for 4 nights....LOL....
so i gave up, though i wish were staying there...it's beautiful!!!! and so convenient!!
but i'm sure we'll enjoy the newport bay...i just hope it doesn't rain!!!

omg - you're staying at the disneyland hotel?
i priced club level and realized i'd have to sell both kidneys to pay for 3 rooms for 4 nights....LOL....
so i gave up, though i wish were staying there...it's beautiful!!!! and so convenient!!
but i'm sure we'll enjoy the newport bay...i just hope it doesn't rain!!!

We were also originally booked in a Compass Club family size room at Newport Bay. For a few hundred more we gave up the extra pull out and concierge service and “upgraded” to the DLH. We are very excited!

you know how much it is for 3 rooms in the castle club for 4 nights?
$24,000......actually even more than what you can get for two kidneys, so i guess i can give up on that plan....LOL....

the compass club is downright cheap in comparison!!!!!!!!

My granddaughter 13 and i are staying at Newport for 2 nights mid July and I looked at all the different options... just could not justify the costs of most options. Finally decided the best option for us is the one that provides one FP for all the rides one time per day. I bought it only for our full day at the parks. I figured i didn't want to waste it on a half day and that there are so many rides that we can go without riding twice. Because it was just one day for 2 people it only cost me an additional $200.

you know how much it is for 3 rooms in the castle club for 4 nights?
$24,000......actually even more than what you can get for two kidneys, so i guess i can give up on that plan....LOL....

the compass club is downright cheap in comparison!!!!!!!!
Yeah- I didn’t even bother pricing concierge at the DLH. If we were to stay there, we knew it wouldn’t be in the Castle Club.

Ok, found it, you can read it either way, so I'm not sure which one it is, but if you are right, the thrill ride one just got more interesting!
Yes- the paid fastpasses include all the rides listed within each list for the specific type of Fastpass purchased.:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter