Are these dates good?

cszuber

Earning My Ears
Any watchouts for the last weekend in April, First week of May? We're looking at April 27th - May 1st and then moving the trip down to San Antonio. I'm pulling my oldest out of school to avoid the major crowds of Spring Break and want to be sure that week will be ok. Thoughts? Right now we're planning to be in the parks on Saturday and Sunday. Should we avoid the days and move to weekday trips? Thanks!

At this moment, I haven't really heard of anything specifically happen during that period of time. I would keep an eye on any ticket deals they might offer (the last few weekends when the tickets are valid tend to be pretty busy, but those might be more likely to occur in mid-May).

While we don't know for sure, historically there isn't a lot of nighttime entertainment on the weekdays during that period. WoC is usually nightly, but things like fireworks and F! are often only offered on Fri, Sat, and Sun. So if you wanted to see either of those shows, you'll need plan at least one weekend night. The entertainment schedule can be released up to 45-days in advance, so you probably won't really know until mid-to-late March.

We’ve gone the last week of April a few times. We went the 3rd week of April this year. I’ve found it to be a busy time but not overly crowded. I’ve never been that time of year and felt like it was low crowds tho. However, my own personal opinion is that this Spring will be busier than most. Once the opening dates for Galaxy’s Edge are announced I think many people will be trying to get one last trip in before the chaos that GE will bring is here. Just my opinion but I kind of expect all of Spring to be crowded. Hopefully I’m wrong.

I've gone many times the last couple of days of April and all but one trip was great. The one bad trip was due to the Santa Ana winds blowing but thats not common for the end of April. Its a great time to go.

There will probably be the Food & Wine festival going on, so there might be larger crowds at DCA over the weekend, but it won't be terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!