Are these Annual Pass tricks still valid?

rodrunner79

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Just a couple of questions since I'm planning to get the annual passes for my family and my 2 year old daughter on her birthday .

1) Can I buy an annual pass on a blackout date and still get in on that date (planning on 10/31 or Halloween)?

2) If #1 doesn't work, could I just buy regular tickets and then upgrade before leaving the resort? If so, what is the price difference/breakdown (do I just pay the difference of the Annual Pass full amount less the ticket price)?

1) yes as far as I know, but I've read that you may have a problem getting back in the park on that day if you leave...I would call
2) yes you can do this; you just pay the difference in price between the ticket you buy & the cost of a pass

Hi Speechphi,

Thank you for the answers. I did call Disneyland Annual Pass unit customer service. They confirmed that I can do #1 and go in and out of the two parks. I have another question which I forgot to ask the gentleman I spoke with. If I buy the So Cal Annual pass and selected the 12-month payments, and let's say I was 6 months into the plan, could I upgrade to the Deluxe? If so, how would the payment work out?

Hi Speechphi,

Thank you for the answers. I did call Disneyland Annual Pass unit customer service. They confirmed that I can do #1 and go in and out of the two parks. I have another question which I forgot to ask the gentleman I spoke with. If I buy the So Cal Annual pass and selected the 12-month payments, and let's say I was 6 months into the plan, could I upgrade to the Deluxe? If so, how would the payment work out?
You would continue make your monthly payments, but you would need to pay the upgrade difference upfront.

Yes, you can upgrade... from the Disney website...

Yes. You may upgrade your Passport type at any time during your Annual Passport year—subject to Passport availability. The expiration date of your current Annual Passport will not change and your upgraded Passport will have the same expiration date as your original Passport.

If you paid for parking in any Disneyland Resort pay-on-entry parking lot on the same day that you are upgrading to a Premium Annual Passport orDisney Premier Passport, present your paid parking ticket while upgrading and you will be reimbursed for the parking cost.

Upgrades are not available online. Visit the Disneyland Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booth for complete details and upgrade options.

If you choose to upgrade your Passport, you must choose a Passport of greater value than your original Passport, and the difference in prices is due on the day of the upgrade. Downgrades are not allowed.

Since the 31st is a Saturday, I would buy a 3 day hopper ahead of time and use a Magic Morning on Saturday. Then upgrade to an AP the next day, or I guess you could later that day also.

Is there anywhere to upgrade once inside the park or does it have to be done outside at the ticket windows?

2016 is a "Leap Year". AP holders get an extra day, Monday 2-29-16.
It doesn't quite make up for the renovation closures though.

Geemo

I am renovating just because, call me crazy, I love being at DL while the renovations are being made... plus we are HUGE DCA fans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter