Are there other types of rooms at Disney's Grand Floridian main building?

PeterK

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I am taking my wife for her 50th birthday and our 2-year-old to Disney World in August. I wanted to try out the Grand Floridian so I picked a room in the main building thinking it was more convenient but now I am rethinking my decision.

I have a Club Level room. I would like to know what is Club Level and are there other types of rooms in the main building that are cheaper? Since my mother-in-law is traveling with us, I was thinking of having connecting rooms.

Many Thanks

We love the RPC at the Grand, we are back there this December! It is definitely a nice surprise for the 50th! The RPC are the only rooms in the main building and club level is concierge level. It has a lounge and a few other fun perks that we always enjoy!

All rooms in the main building are club level which means you have access to the food and beverage options in the club lounge and dedicated club staff for planning services. If you want something cheaper, you would need to book outer building rooms.

We love the RPC at the Grand, we are back there this December! It is definitely a nice surprise for the 50th! The RPC are the only rooms in the main building and club level is concierge level. It has a lounge and a few other fun perks that we always enjoy!
Thanks for your response. Forgive me but what does RPC mean?

RPC GF main building is awesome. Even if you don't have connecting rooms its not like its a huge distance between them.

Hello,

I am taking my wife for her 50th birthday and our 2-year-old to Disney World in August. I wanted to try out the Grand Floridian so I picked a room in the main building thinking it was more convenient but now I am rethinking my decision.

I have a Club Level room. I would like to know what is Club Level and are there other types of rooms in the main building that are cheaper? Since my mother-in-law is traveling with us, I was thinking of having connecting rooms.

Many Thanks
Club Level at Disney typically gives you access to snacks in the lounge, and not much else unless you choose to pay an additional $50 per day to get extra FastPasses only available to club-level guests. All of the Grand Floridian main building rooms are club-level, so they are the most expensive rooms the GF offers. To save money, stay in a non-club level outer building- they're lovely.

Thank you all for the responses. I now understand the differences in the rooms.

@PeterK - The CL thread has a wealth of information and is frequented by many GF regulars. That thread, and the folks there, are great resources.

FYI, the Grand Floridian has two “Club Levels” - the Main Building / Royal Palm Club (RPC) discussed above that you seem to have booked.... and Sugar Loaf (SL) which is is located in an outer building. You book either one or the other - you don’t have access to both. SL can often be (materially) cheaper than RPC.

There are various pros and cons of RPC and SL, so something you may want to look into if interested.

For something special like a 50th birthday, I’d certainly recommend something like RPC if it is of interest to you.

Happy to answer any questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter