Are there Disney movies you DON'T like? Classics, even?

I hated 101 Dalmations before I ever saw it, because I loved the original novel (by Dodie Smith) and they changed the plot, ignored most of my favorite scenes, and changed the sex of one of my favorite characters. :scared1: :laughing: Then I heard the version of Cruella de Vil by the Replacements on Stay Awake, which I loved, and gave the movie a second chance. Don't love it, but don't hate it any more. I'm a soft touch for Disney tunes. ;)

Liked Bambi okay until I read the original novel; now I dislike it once Bambi's mom gets done in, because it reminds me of the book, which I hated. :upsidedow

Lots of Disney flicks I'm fine with the kids watching, but would be fine with never watching again, Cars being at the top of that list, followed by a lot of other more recent flicks. I do like Meet the Robinsons, even though they totally abandoned the original book, which I loved. And I often dislike sequels -- liked but didn't love Pirates of the Caribbean, but sure wish they'd stopped with one, 'cuz the kids and hubby insisted on seeing the sequels, which I thought a total waste of time.

Also find a lot of the ones I loved as a kid seem stretched out with more boring parts than I remember as an adult. A lot of the classics I may dislike some aspect -- hate The Rite of Spring and The Sorcerer's Apprentice (yes, I hate Mickey's section!) in Fantasia and always skip them -- but I love the rest so I would never say I hate the movie. There are a fair number where I make the kids tell me when my favorite scenes come on but am happy to skip the rest. But I wouldn't say I actively dislike them, because there are still parts I really enjoy.

I HATE chicken little, fox and the hound, atlantis, black cauldron, alice in wonderland (animated), and emperor's new groove

this thread is funny to read as most people hate my favourites :scared1::rotfl: (Princess and the frog, Hunchback, Mulan, Pocahontas)

A few I dont like - Cars, Pinnochio, Bugs life, UP

Lilo and Stich, Pinnochio (love Jimmeny cricket though of course!), Dumbo is so sad but I love the charachter and the song baby mine! And I already hate this new one Gnomeo and Juliet? HOW STUPID IS THAT?! What is Disney thinking?! Bambi and Fox and the hound come to mind as well. Brave little toaster, White Fang, James and The Giant Peach, Angels in the outfield, Mighty Joe Young, Home on The Range, Tigger movie (so sad and over dramatic not like pooh at all :[ ) Chicken little, valient, the game plan, wall-e, all the high school musicals,

I don't care for many of the direct to video sequels. These are my other least favorite movies

The Rescuers
Treasure Planet
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Dinosaur
The Black Cauldron
Sword & the Stone
Atlantis
The road to el dorado
Brave little toaster

ETA- the old Tron too...boring

I don't care for many of the direct to video sequels. These are my other least favorite movies

The Rescuers
Treasure Planet
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Dinosaur
The Black Cauldron
Sword & the Stone
Atlantis
The road to el dorado
Brave little toaster

ETA- the old Tron too...boring

FYI The Road to El Dorado isn't a Disney movie. It's from Dreamworks Animation

I think the only older movies I don't like are Bambi and Dumbo. I guess I'm not a huge Fox and the Hound or Lady and the Tramp.

I'm also not a huge fan of The Incredibles, Up, Mulan, Pocahontas, and prob a few others.

The Great Mouse Detective, however, is my second favorite Disney movie :lovestruc

I never even bothered to watch Treasure Planet and I fell asleep with Atlantis.

Haven't watched Meet the Robinsons, the movie with the cows (sorry, can't remember the name in English) and I was absolutely bored with Chicken Little. Not a big fan of Cars either and, even when they're good movies I can't understand why Toy Story attracts kids and adults SO much.:lmao:
I'm sure there was other pixar movie i didn't like but I can't remember which one it was...

Home On The Range
Tarzan
Meet The Robinsons

aweful ... godaweful disney at its worst in my opinion....

they have got on the right track at the min tho because i love princess and the frog and i thought Tangled was entertaining... we need more of the classic musical disney movies that made disney so popular in the day... :thumbsup2

I pretty much love all the movies but Alice and Wonderland and Dumbo are the two the I do not like at all.

101 Dalmatians. I think the animation looks atrocious in that movie.
I'm not a big fan of Alice in Wonderland either, I find it silly, but not in a good way.

I found Cars and Chicken Little terrible.
I love Pinocchio up to the donkeys bit where he's calling for Mommy. Breaks my heart and terrifies me.

I'm probably one of the few who actually loved Treasure Planet though.

I don't like Bambi, I can take or leave pinnochio & I hated the Black Cauldron.

Though the one film I really can't stand is the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I don't get it.... I tried to like it but unfortunately I could never see the appeal. There, I said it, I feel much better now :)

I guess I'm in good company when it comes to Dumbo (except for the Pink Elephants segment) and Bambi. I used to like Cars, but it just doesn't hold a candle to Toy Story or Monsters Inc.

And I watched Pinocchio again yesterday for the first time in years. I cannot for the life of me figure out why I liked it so much when I was little. Probably just because I wanted to be the Blue Fairy.

I hate how pretty much all Disney movies portray hunters as badguys. What total rubbish. :mad:

Pocahontas
Anastasia
Mulan
Lilo & Stitch
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Tarzan
Meet the Robinsons

...all do nothing for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter