Are there Disney movies you DON'T like? Classics, even?

My Mom hates Toy Story 3, she thinks its way too dark for a kiddie film, which it is, but at least their is a happy ending and some laugths.

I think my Dad hates The Nightmare Before Christmas (one of my disney favorite stop motion flims) , I think he see's it as a really weird movie, then again my dad's more of a POTC guy.

Both thought Up was boring, I loved it :goodvibes .

Glad to see this thread is still alive. Now we all have plenty of other people to point to and say, "See? It's not just me! She doesn't like it, either!" :laughing:

A few people mentioned The Incredibles. That and Finding Nemo are my favorite Pixar films, but I'm a huge superhero geek. I can see how if you're not into superheroes, it might not be as engaging.

Cars was like that for me. It was okay, and I even got it as a Christmas present the year it released, but I don't love it and I really don't like the idea of a sequel to it. I don't enjoy NASCAR or have any attachment to any vehicles, so it's hard for me to see them as some kind of lifeform with feelings and motivations. Also, it kind of creeps me out: how are cars made with evidently no humans in the world? We do see younger cars. Are they.... born... somehow?...

oooohhh...I love this thread! I cannot stand Dumbo, Bambi is boring, and the original Alice freaked me out with the mean flower scene. I do love the remake of it though (I may be partial to Johnny though) :lovestruc

The Fox and the Hound. I don't hate it, just dislike. Same with Mulan - I could take it or leave it.

Those HORRIBLE Pirates of the Caribbean movies! I'm sorry but I don't find pirates interesting, Johnny Depp annoys me and Orlando Bloom is not hot enough to keep my attention.

Alice in Wonderland used to creep me out when I watched so I havn't watched it in years. 101 Dalmations was boring to me and didn't care for it. I didn't really care for Mulan as well.

I used to watch Peter Pan all the time as a kid, and I still count it as one of my favorites, but I find many parts of it hard to watch now due to their racist/insensitive overtones. All that "injun" stuff..:eek:

Anastasia and Pocahontas-I'm a social studies teacher, and it really bothers me when Disney or any other film company "rearranges" the facts of a historical person or event to make a film.

I hate Snow White. Don't care much for Dumbo or Fox and the Hound.

Anastasia and Pocahontas-I'm a social studies teacher, and it really bothers me when Disney or any other film company "rearranges" the facts of a historical person or event to make a film.

Anastasia isn't Disney, is it?

I hate Snow White. Don't care much for Dumbo or Fox and the Hound.

Anastasia isn't Disney, is it?

Nope, Anastasia is Warner Brothers. I like it though, even with the historical inaccuracies.

I agree with a lot of posts here, I don't like Alice in Wonderland (but I love the ride at Disneyland). I also didn't buy Dumbo or Pinnochio when they came out on DVD, and then there are a few Disney films I refuse to watch, like Black Cauldron, and most of the movies produced before the animation department shut down. I've heard Avatar has a lot of similarities between Atlantis, but I haven't seen either to compare

Hm, there's not really any Disney movies in paticular that I don't like. There are quite a few that bore me though. Finding Nemo, for example. I find it really cute, but it bores me quickly. Also Pinocchio, I could never get into it. I also think the original Alice in Wonderland is kind of boring and scary.

Ahhh, you're all killing me by not liking Alice in Wonderland. It's my favoriteee. It used to scare me wicked bad when I was little, but I watched it when I got a little older and loved it. But I can definitely understand people's disinterest in it and everyone has likes and dislikes.

With that said, Pinnochio never really sat right with me. The scene where they turn into donkeys always scared me. I haven't seen it in a while, but I never liked Sleeping Beauty all that much. And 101 dalmations was my all time favorite when I was little, but now I can't really sit through it. I did like the live action though. OH! And the newer AIW was pretty blah for me.

Not yet there is any Disney movie which I don't like. I like all it's parts.. I love to watch Disney movies..

I used to watch Peter Pan all the time as a kid, and I still count it as one of my favorites, but I find many parts of it hard to watch now due to their racist/insensitive overtones. All that "injun" stuff..:eek:

Yes! I just watched this last night as my 3 year old son has a thing for Tinkerbell and yeeesh. Embarrassing to watch some parts of this one.

Toy Story 3 is on my list of movies I hate. That thing was freaky!!!! I also hate Jungle Book.
I always liked Pinocchio. The scene where Lampwick changed always fascinated me. I have always thought the movie was just beautiful!

I greatly dislike the Pirates of the Carribean movies. I don't know what it is about them, but they don't intrest me. The ride isn't my favorite, but I liked it better without the movie changes they did to it! They should leave Walt Disney's creations alone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!