Are there AP room discounts?

I'm playing around with getting APs.. Could someone check to see if there is a room discount for Nov 25th - Dec 1st at value & moderate? TIA!

I'm playing around with getting APs.. Could someone check to see if there is a room discount for Nov 25th - Dec 1st at value & moderate? TIA!
There isn't much available for your dates except All Star Music family suites for $1,408.57.

There are rooms at Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge, but nothing else with the AP discount right now. These discount do show up closer to trip date, though.

There isn't much available for your dates except All Star Music family suites for $1,408.57.

There are rooms at Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge, but nothing else with the AP discount right now. These discount do show up closer to trip date, though.
Thanks!

Also...not sure if you're aware, but you don't actually need to have purchased your AP yet to be able to book...you just have to have the pass linked in your MDE when you check in. Given the very limited availability for your dates, if I were you and I found any of these rates acceptable, I wouldn't wait to book.

So according to this a non-AP holder could learn prices and availability? Am I confused? How would I do that?

I am considering changing my current tickets into APs during our next stay. I'd like to check prices of hotels for tentative upcoming dates to understand how this would "offset" my AP costs. My travel agent said she nor Disney can price quote me room prices until I actually purchase the APs. I know should could look because I know she books travel for someone with an AP, but I guess it's her right to say no.

We typically stay at values/moderates - and from what I've read above, value discounts are few and far between. A ton off a deluxe is great, but in our budget the normal price minus a ton still equals too much.

We usually go 1x a year for about 8 days, but since we are going December 6-15 this year, and I refuse to go when it's super busy, our dates will be earlier in the year next year. Also considering a shorter trip as a 3rd 2019 trip also. We have ALWAYS got free dining but I know our chances decrease each year - especially if we want to try different times of the year.

Any thoughts on if APs make sense even without taking advantage of an AP room discount?

Also...not sure if you're aware, but you don't actually need to have purchased your AP yet to be able to book...you just have to have the pass linked in your MDE when you check in. Given the very limited availability for your dates, if I were you and I found any of these rates acceptable, I wouldn't wait to book.

So according to this a non-AP holder could learn prices and availability? Am I confused? How would I do that?

I am considering changing my current tickets into APs during our next stay. I'd like to check prices of hotels for tentative upcoming dates to understand how this would "offset" my AP costs. My travel agent said she nor Disney can price quote me room prices until I actually purchase the APs. I know should could look because I know she books travel for someone with an AP, but I guess it's her right to say no.

We typically stay at values/moderates - and from what I've read above, value discounts are few and far between. A ton off a deluxe is great, but in our budget the normal price minus a ton still equals too much.

We usually go 1x a year for about 8 days, but since we are going December 6-15 this year, and I refuse to go when it's super busy, our dates will be earlier in the year next year. Also considering a shorter trip as a 3rd 2019 trip also. We have ALWAYS got free dining but I know our chances decrease each year - especially if we want to try different times of the year.

Any thoughts on if APs make sense even without taking advantage of an AP room discount?

We, too are working with a travel agent for our upcoming March trip. We are also looking at APs as we have short trips planned next March and September and a big trip planned next December. We currently have a room booked at PO-Riverside and want to book at an AP rate when the rates become available at the end of October/beginning of November. We are planning on buying APs as Christmas presents. My question is can the travel agent apply the AP rates (if available) to our room-only reservation even though we don't have the AP purchased? Any help would be appreciated.

I just booked All Star Sports this morning for $90 a night for next Sunday to Halloween for my daughter's bday. 2 times in a month going to Disney from Toronto, I think I may be trying to live vicariously through my daughter getting to go.

If you haven't purchased the voucher yet, you can't see them yourself. You can call and ask the CM on the phone about the rates and book, just not yourself online.
To do it online, and see the rates yourself, you have to have an AP (not active AP, just have bought it) showing on your MDE account.

Would someone mind helping me with an AP question? We went to Disney 10 times in 10 years and I thought of myself as such an expert... now I haven't been in 2.5 years and I feel completely clueless! We used to book rack rate way in advance, then when AP rates would come out, we would call and have them apply to them to our existing reservation (or make a change if that wasn't an option), but we didn't actually have an AP yet. We would upgrade one of our tix to an AP the day we arrived at WDW, but we were still allowed to book that rate. I love the idea that now passholders can see room availability online. We are thinking of visiting in June, or at least some time this summer. I also plan to take my son for a second trip within a year of that, so for me to get an AP just makes sense, no matter what. So, do I just purchase it soon, which will give me the ability to log in and book rooms at an AP rate, but then the AP won't actually activate until we arrive in June 2018, making it still valid until June 2019? Or do I have that wrong?

Also, can anyone tell me when I might expect to see AP rates open up for June?

Would someone mind helping me with an AP question? We went to Disney 10 times in 10 years and I thought of myself as such an expert... now I haven't been in 2.5 years and I feel completely clueless! We used to book rack rate way in advance, then when AP rates would come out, we would call and have them apply to them to our existing reservation (or make a change if that wasn't an option), but we didn't actually have an AP yet. We would upgrade one of our tix to an AP the day we arrived at WDW, but we were still allowed to book that rate. I love the idea that now passholders can see room availability online. We are thinking of visiting in June, or at least some time this summer. I also plan to take my son for a second trip within a year of that, so for me to get an AP just makes sense, no matter what. So, do I just purchase it soon, which will give me the ability to log in and book rooms at an AP rate, but then the AP won't actually activate until we arrive in June 2018, making it still valid until June 2019? Or do I have that wrong?

Do you mean June 2019, still valid till June 2020? Your AP will be good for a full year from the day You first enter a park using it.

Yes, you can purchase the AP anytime you want and it doesn't not activate till you enter the park.
They just opened up the promo rates that go through May last week. So they won't open them for June for several more months. Seems like there are 3, 4 months between promo releases

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!