Are there AP room discounts?

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
We are new annual passholders! I’m looking at first week of March for one trip. Are there room discounts and when do they usually come out?

They haven't released AP discounts for next year yet. Mousesavers keeps track of the historical release dates for all discounts. The March AP discounts for this year were released Nov 3 last year, so I would keep checking in Oct-Nov this year.

I am just jumping in on this thread to see when/if AP discounts may be released for mid-November. I am 90 days out and planning on getting an AP when I arrive (just upgrading existing tickets) and want to know when to be on the lookout for potential AP discounts for the rooms we already have reserved at All-Star Movies.

One of the main reasons I am considering the Annual Pass is the discounts (it really helps make it a good value) and want to take advantage of them for this first trip.

Still waiting...this is agonizing. I thought maybe because they release the GP discounts earlier than last year, they would also do the same for the AP discounts, but it looks like it may fall in-line with last year's release date (8/18/17). Incidentally, Mousesavers has all the past discounts and release dates, if anyone is interested. Last year the AP discount for Fall was 20-25%, and I would expect the same this year, Sun-Thurs only, with the amount of the discount falling in-line with which resorts receive higher/lower discounts under the current GP offer.

Yes I just saw the Holiday Passholder room offer was just released. For my dates at the end of October the only deluxe room available is AK a bunk bed room for $367 a night. Not surprised there never seems to be any deluxe rooms included in AP discounts anymore.

Actually for anyone looking the only rooms for the last week of October are Saratoga springs, the All Star resorts, CS, CB and AK.

I just successfully applied the AP discount to my previously booked room only reservation at CCV for late November. Yay! Now I can stop checking online ever 4 hours like an addict.

Yes I just saw the Holiday Passholder room offer was just released. For my dates at the end of October the only deluxe room available is AK a bunk bed room for $367 a night. Not surprised there never seems to be any deluxe rooms included in AP discounts anymore.

Well the discounts are there IF you can get a room. I didn't see any exclusion when looking at the list of resorts the 2018 Fall AP discount applied to. Now finding a room thats a another question. Disney really does force the pre-book, hope for discount later model. We booked our CCV bedroom way back in February.

I don't suppose anyone could tell me what the discounts are for Nov 4-12, I already have ASMusic booked, just want to see if there are discounts for AP at that time (still trying to see if I'm going to get one)

We have a Yacht Club, Club Level room booked for Mid October. Called Disney this morning as soon as soon as we saw the AP discounts offered for our stay dates. We were told that the hotel is booked, therefore we could not get the AP discount. I told the agent that we always book a year in advance and have always been able to get the AP discount when it's announced. Evidently Disney has changed it's policy and you can only get an announced AP discount is there is room availability even though you already have a reservation and are just waiting for the AP discounts. Bummer!

We have a Yacht Club, Club Level room booked for Mid October. Called Disney this morning as soon as soon as we saw the AP discounts offered for our stay dates. We were told that the hotel is booked, therefore we could not get the AP discount. I told the agent that we always book a year in advance and have always been able to get the AP discount when it's announced. Evidently Disney has changed it's policy and you can only get an announced AP discount is there is room availability even though you already have a reservation and are just waiting for the AP discounts. Bummer!

Can anyone else confirm this has been their experience as well? Hopefully you just had an uninformed agent.

I wasn't able to apply the AP discount to our Cabin at FW in October even though it's not excluded. There was some Magical Holiday promo that took about $250 off though.

I don't suppose anyone could tell me what the discounts are for Nov 4-12, I already have ASMusic booked, just want to see if there are discounts for AP at that time (still trying to see if I'm going to get one)
I checked and the only resort available is AOA in Cars Duites for $299 avg pee night. The last three nights of your trip are the expensive nights!

I have two separate dates for late Oct and early November I've been watching and this new AP discount doesn't have much to offer. I don't see any better deals compared to the current holiday offer. Previously booked Coronado Springs for Oct a couple weeks ago and the AP rates just released are more than what we booked. I'm only looking for weekdays as well.

Can anyone else confirm this has been their experience as well? Hopefully you just had an uninformed agent.
We called back a little while later this morning, got another agent, and still got the same answer as the first agent "no availability" therefore no AP discounts to be had. This was told to us even though they have the nerve to advertise AP discounts are available.

I booked AKL Savannah CL for 10/25-29 (35% off on the weekday nights and 20% off on the weekend nights), but I think more might open up over time...I wouldn't count on it, but I am going to keep checking anyway. I also play with the dates...sometimes doing a split stay will lead to more availability.

Unfortunately, October is a really popular month now...in fact, most of fall is becoming really busy :worried:

Last edited:
It's always been this policy- booking in advance has never guaranteed you any future discount. If you had a room previously booked and were able to apply the discount, it's because there was open availability on the discount. I'm pretty pleased- have a Yacht Club 4 night stay in October that I just switched over to the AP discount and saved $500 over the current discount that was out. I'm shocked there was any AP discount at all as the resort has been booked for months now. I was still unable to get the last night we'll be there, so have to move that last night, but still very pleased!

If there are mostly no restrictions why are they rack rate rooms available at BWV but switching to AP discount for same room shows no availability?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter