Are there any new statistics available on how RIV is selling?

Why would DVC members be on the hook for lawsuits? Transportation to and from resorts is not part of DVC operations. The resorts contract with the Transportation department for transportation. They (Disney Transportation Department) operate the system. While it's all "Disney", I can't imagine a legitimate way DVC Members could be responsible in any way for a transportation accident. We don't pay for boat or bus accidents.

I am assuming that if dvc owners are responsible for some portion of ongoing transportation costs that dvc owners are also responsible for a similar ratio of lawsuits associated with those transportation costs?

And even with some lawsuits and rescue ops, there is not a chance monorail expansion would be cheaper, ever.

Estimating cheap, monorail is $20M per mile when building in a swamp.
If it really is 20 million per mile that isn’t so bad. How many miles would they actually need? How much did they just pour down the drain with Star Wars world?

If it really is 20 million per mile that isn’t so bad. How many miles would they actually need? How much did they just pour down the drain with Star Wars world?
The $20M is just cap expense for rail. It doesn't include buying trains at all. Add about $3.5M per train purchased. Each station is also an additional cost.

I don't think we can compare cap expense for SWGE to a transport system, because even if SWGE isn't doing as well as hoped, there are all those overpriced drinks, the droid builds, the saber builds, etc., and I suspect it does better as time passes. Most transport systems are a lot like buying a car - once operational, they are money pits for operations costs and maintenance.

From what I understand a percentage of the operations and maintenance of the Riviera station is assigned to RIV maintenance fees.

All resorts pay transportation costs for whatever modes of transportation are available (boat, bus, monorail). It’s a charge for the resort guests use. No resort is insuring the transportation (directly) or on the hook for lawsuits or claims from any of the modes of transportation.

Although I suppose if there are a lot of lawsuits, the cost of operating will be higher. And those costs passed down to users (which would include dvc).

And even with some lawsuits and rescue ops, there is not a chance monorail expansion would be cheaper, ever.

Estimating cheap, monorail is $20M per mile when building in a swamp.

Dis
All resorts pay transportation costs for whatever modes of transportation are available (boat, bus, monorail). It’s a charge for the resort guests use. No resort is insuring the transportation (directly) or on the hook for lawsuits or claims from any of the modes of transportation.

Although I suppose if there are a lot of lawsuits, the cost of operating will be higher. And those costs passed down to users (which would include dvc).
The Riviera Station itself is part of RIV. As result DVC members are responsible for paying the cost of the operations and the maintenance of the station just like any other part of the resort.

The Riviera Station itself is part of RIV. As result DVC members are responsible for paying the cost of the operations and the maintenance of the station just like any other part of the resort.
Currently, this is not true. It maybe named as the Riviera Station; however, it has not been declared apart of the Condominium Association (http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20190114799.pdf?id=DOC2574S97.A0&parent=DOC2574S97) thus it is not apart of DVC. While DVD (the development arm) may own the station or it might be considered a completely different physical entity within Disney.

It is possible they do declare it with part of the association; however, the plat (shown in the link above) does not currently show the station within the footprint of the association (so no indication they plan on doing so just yet).

Currently, this is not true. It maybe named as the Riviera Station; however, it has not been declared apart of the Condominium Association (http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20190114799.pdf?id=DOC2574S97.A0&parent=DOC2574S97) thus it is not apart of DVC. While DVD (the development arm) may own the station or it might be considered a completely different physical entity within Disney.

It is possible they do declare it with part of the association; however, the plat (shown in the link above) does not currently show the station within the footprint of the association (so no indication they plan on doing so just yet).
It looks like I was mistaken.

The reality is, I *should* probably invest it, right? But where's the fun in that? I can't come on the DIS and talk about how my stocks are doing with the same kind of enjoyment I get from shooting the breeze here. :)

(I do own DIS stock as well...)

LOVE IT! You rock

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!