Are there any EV charging stations at Disney resorts?

over50visits

DIS Veteran
They have them at the theme park parking lots, and at Disney Springs, but last year when I checked there were zero charging stations at any of the resorts/hotels.

Just checking a year later, are there any now? This seems to be the common practice for middle and upscale hotels across the country, including at least a dozen hotels around Disney World. Shades of Green and Four Seasons have them. Disneyland Grand Floridian has them.

It would be great to hear Disney is installing them at their resorts (even if they decide to make them pay chargers, which I suspect they will).

Last edited:
(even if they decide to make them pay chargers, which I suspect they will).
As they should.

I've read that they have accommodated some owners and I believe that Wilderness lodge does have some limited charging options.

They have them at the theme park parking lots, and at Disney Springs, but last year when I checked there were zero charging stations at any of the resorts/hotels.

Just checking a year later, are there any now? This seems to be the common practice for middle and upscale hotels across the country, including at least a dozen hotels around Disney World. Shades of Green and Four Seasons have them. Disneyland Grand Floridian has them.

It would be great to hear Disney is installing them at their resorts (even if they decide to make them pay chargers, which I suspect they will).

Agree with you, "over50visits." We're hoping more chargers are installed as electric cars become more popular. I'm sure you're familiar with the amazing website PlugShare? https://www.plugshare.com/

We've been monitoring WDW in particular the last three years and have not seen an increase in more chargers on property. Agree with you on your comments about them becoming more prevalent at upper upscale hotels. Hilton brand has adopted the charging stations, particularly for Tesla as well as the general EV outlets that Volts, etc. can plug into, the past four years... but Hilton's been innovative in general - for instance they were one of the first to experiment with Amazon Lockers for guests who "forgot something" or guests who are staying over an extended period of time (longer than two days for Prime users). Would love to see Disney's hotels innovate (can you imagine if they Disney resorts had Amazon lockers?! it would impact the marketplaces out of business, as most guests stay longer than the two days for Prime shipments to arrive), but I imagine partnerships (such as with Tesla and Amazon) can get political. Disney also seems to be a late adopter in general. I remember when the cupcake craze hit NYC... it took years for it to become "big" in Disney - I feel like cupcakes are still a big deal right now in the World - look at all the holiday decorated ones - whereas the rest of metropolitan US has moved on to the Christina Tosi milkbar craze with intensely sweet treats like b'day truffles and crack pie. I digress...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!