Are the tours from DP hotels to Paris worth it?

glencoe

DIS Veteran
My daughter and I will be traveling alone, we plan on going into to Paris to check out the sites and I was wondering if the tours from our DP resort/hotel is worth it? It seems all put together, taking the stress out of me doing it. We want to check out the sites but don't need to up the Eiffel tower or spend a day in just the louve, so a tour might work? Thoughts?
Our other option is hopping on the train and going on our own...on a side we live 40 Min. from NYC so I am a bit train/subway/pickpocket/ etc. savy....

I would request the prices and then see how much you would save if you arranged it yourself. Then you can judge if the convenience is worth the price difference.
I always prefer to arrange things myself, as you have more time, you are not tied to a schedule and you can customize along the way. In my experience you also see more of the city and the people when you go on your own.

My daughter and I will be traveling alone, we plan on going into to Paris to check out the sites and I was wondering if the tours from our DP resort/hotel is worth it? It seems all put together, taking the stress out of me doing it. We want to check out the sites but don't need to up the Eiffel tower or spend a day in just the louve, so a tour might work? Thoughts?
Our other option is hopping on the train and going on our own...on a side we live 40 Min. from NYC so I am a bit train/subway/pickpocket/ etc. savy....
Please do post what you find out. I'm interested in knowing more as well.

I would request the prices and then see how much you would save if you arranged it yourself. Then you can judge if the convenience is worth the price difference.
I always prefer to arrange things myself, as you have more time, you are not tied to a schedule and you can customize along the way. In my experience you also see more of the city and the people when you go on your own.

What is so convenient is at the website (I am going through Ireland..cheaper than US site and in english) is they have all the types of excursions listed with the prices. I just need to figure what will work best for us. I am a big planner, however not having ever been to paris, I thought the excursions offered would just give us built in transportation and have stuff arranged. It seemed a few actually have built in free time too. If you go to the planning website, pick a hotel and go through the checkout process the excursions come up and you can click on each, see the price and description. Obviously don't check out-but you can research and get ideas.

What is so convenient is at the website (I am going through Ireland..cheaper than US site and in english) is they have all the types of excursions listed with the prices. I just need to figure what will work best for us. I am a big planner, however not having ever been to paris, I thought the excursions offered would just give us built in transportation and have stuff arranged. It seemed a few actually have built in free time too. If you go to the planning website, pick a hotel and go through the checkout process the excursions come up and you can click on each, see the price and description. Obviously don't check out-but you can research and get ideas.

I've never booked a hotel via the website and saw all options ;-) I always call to get the AP discount, or stay offsite. Good to know it's easy to get all the prices. The regular list of excursions outside the booking path doesn't show prices, will probably differ per season. What I can see the most basic excursion will save you about 60 EUR p/p when you arrange it yourself. A few years ago, I was a true budget traveller and would have never paid for convenience if I can get it myself cheaper. Nowadays, it would depend on the city and whether or not they speak English in the city, I could see myself using something like this in Asia, but probably not in Europe or US/Canada.

I just got back. We did not stay at a Disney Hotel, we stayed at the Marriott Ville d'Ile France (about 4 miles away). Looking at the prices for the Paris Tours from that area, they seemed really expensive. We booked tours on our own and did the travelling into the city ourselves. There is an app called "citymapper" that really helped getting around on public transportation (and public transportation was significantly cheaper than Uber or taxis - and pretty easy - if you are use to New York you should have no problem).

My daughters and I booked a day trip into Paris with our package, I wanted to be on the safe side since it was my first time in Paris with the kids. You can choose whether you want to go up the Eiffel tower or into the Louvre but the group sees both sights. We went up the Eiffel tower but also took the touristy pics outside the Louvre. There’s also a boat trip down the Seine included where you pass by the rest of the sights. I found it convenient and felt safer doing Paris this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter