Are the rides as 'fat friendly' as other disney parks?

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
Are the rides at DLP as friendly to larger people as they are in the USA?

Didn't you just ask this about TDL?

The rides at Paris are nearly identical to WDW, there are just far fewer of them. I wouldn't go to Paris just for Disney. Not a great park.

Yes because we are planning on traveling to both Paris and Tokyo next year and adding disney in as part of our trips. I didn't know it would be a problem to ask on both boards.

Yeah, not a problem, just confusion.

DLP really doesn't have any thrill rides that are radically different than the US parks. So if you're fine there, you'll be fine at DLP. I don't think they've got shirts in the larger sizes of that matters, but DLP kind of sucks in terms of shopping anyway.

We are larger peeps are we don't ride Crush's Coaster, Spaceship Earth, RC Racer. I think everything else we are ok with :)

Crush Coaster requires the lap bar to go down to a certain point or a sensor won't trip, not allowing the shell to be dispatched.

I found this great picture of the Shell online:

Crushs-Coaster-09.jpg

I am 6'3 like I said said on your TDR thread and my legs are the biggest issue to get the bar down far enough.

Hyperspace Mountain just released a new fleet of rockets with soft shoulder restraints and like Crush Coaster, has a sensor to detect if the shoulder bar is low enough. I attached a picture I took at Hersheypark of the same restraint that was installed in Paris.

imag0478.jpg

Closed restraint:

imag0479-e1444798866168.jpg

The bottom part is what goes around your waist and the only hard part that directly touch you. The black portion is made of soft rubber and is on straps, so when the ride jostles you around, its not as uncomfortable as before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter