Are the "Disney Treasures" the best DVD collection option?

tib2d2

Earning My Ears
I have a couple of the Walt Disney Treasures DVD sets (the ones with the collectable tin case), but I can't stand the Leonard Maltin introductions that precede nearly half of the features.

Are there other DVD collections that have a nice set of the old Mickey, Donald and Goofy shorts from the 30s-60s?

If you use Disney Movie reward points, you can get the Oswald the Lucky Rabbit Treasure collection for 825 points on the DMR website.

There are several different DVD's from Buena Vista featuring Disney characters: Walt Disney Fun factory featuring and Walt Disney timeless tales.
The Wal-Mart near us sometimes has Walt Disney collections with 3-4 shorts on them 2 for $7 and are a great way to collect a few of the old Walt Disney cartoons.

I have the treasures and they are nice,

However, I picked up the 4 dvd set "Walt Disney's It's a Small World of Fun" and I enjoy this set as well. These are classic Disney animations and fun to share with your kids and grandkids.

http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disneys-Small-World-Vol/dp/B000EOTFH6

They are still affordable, unlike many of the Treasures collections, they just provide classic Disney animation which I enjoy

-Shawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter