Are the "Camel" water backpacks allowed in the parks?

Shellie

Earning My Ears
This is a camping/military item that you wear on your back. It holds 72oz of water with a pullout hose that you drink from -- my DH thought it would be handy for lines and with the kids!

Also, the packing list mentioned taking plastic cups with lids into the parks to share expensive drinks. You can take cups and things into the parks?

Haven't seen them but wouldn't they get in the way on the rides? We found plastic water bottles with strap on holders more that sufficient. There are water fountains in the parks. I have always found it best to travel light - there is a lot of walking and things to do where extra things become more of a burden than a help.

I love the camel backpacks & I don't think there would be any problem taking it into the parks since they offer free water in the parks & they have no problem with you taking in regular water bottles. I bought a similar one & am planning on taking it in June. :D

Have a great trip!

We used the camelback EVERY day in December. We even had some concession stands refill the inner bag for us with ICE and water! Cool and quick! We'll never go to another theme park without it!

Please....how much does this backpack cost and where can it be purchased?

Thanks.

We tried using one of these when we went to DL last year.. Sadly it leaked all down my husband's back as he was carrying it! Do a test run at home before you head out - return it if it does leak.This year, We are going to bring filtered bottle type or pitcher type to leave in fridge at hotel and refill before we go to DL for the day.
To keep my husband healthy we require the filtered water- he is on immunosuppressants as he had kidney transplant 1 yr and 6 months ago ( I was the donor!.... :D )
Good luck with the bags! We found ours in the camping section at target- i also saw them at Walmart. I think it was about $20.

Thanks for the info......and what a wonderful thing that you were his donor!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter