Are snorkel masks allowed at the water parks and resort pools?

myjourney

DIS Veteran
I am considering buying masks for the grandkids and I see some sites say they can have them and other say no? I am just talking about masks not fins

I have seen them being used at the resorts and no one said anything. I do not see bringing that to the waterparks as there really is no whereto use it... I would say more useful will be goggles as they do allow them at the waterparks and I believe all the slides I am 99% certain my son wore them on Summit Plummet.

I don't know about "rules" regarding these - but in my experience - these could be potentially dangerous at the water parks.

May be one of those YMMV type of things as to enforcement and I’m not sure of the exact rules, but I’m pretty sure I’ve consistently seen life guards say no masks at both the resorts and water parks. Especially on resort slides.

Masks are typically not permitted (the kind that cover the nose). They aren't really safe to wear without a snorkel, either, and it drives me crazy to see kids wearing them like that. Your nose should remain free to blow air out of while underwater, so you can keep your mouth shut. Once you open your mouth, the chance of water rushing in is very high, which can cause a swimmer to go into distress very quickly.

The lifeguards will usually allow a mask that does NOT cover the nose. If you show it to them up close so they can see.

We were at All Star Music last week. Lifeguard told my son that he could wear the goggle mask part, but couldn't have the snorkle.

My son wore a mask at POP last year. For the most part, he won't go under water without it. I'd be curious to see what he'd do if he had to take it off.

My son wore a mask at POP last year. For the most part, he won't go under water without it. I'd be curious to see what he'd do if he had to take it off.

Have you just tried goggles? They are way more comfortable than a mask.

At Beach Club, my kids were allowed to wear the mask in the pool, but not on the slide. They were masks that did not cover the nose.

Nose plug. My son is like that too. He has a nose plug for the pool.

Too pinchy. If he couldn't wear a mask, he won't go underwater. He's not my water rat anyway, that's my daughter. I think he'd be content to not even get his hair wet if he couldn't wear a mask. He won't pitch a fit, he'll adapt. He keeps us on our toes.

Too pinchy. If he couldn't wear a mask, he won't go underwater. He's not my water rat anyway, that's my daughter. I think he'd be content to not even get his hair wet if he couldn't wear a mask. He won't pitch a fit, he'll adapt. He keeps us on our toes.

Funny...I bought mine a mask and he said "it hurts...it's too sharp!" I guess the edges weren't soft rubber like his goggles and he didn't like it. I tried it on and had to agree with him...it did hurt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter