Are PS's a must?

kimba

Mouseketeer
We are going in a month for a week and are staying at the Poly. We have made 1 PS at Chef Mickey's for dinner the first night. We just don't know if we should make more PS's even though we don't know what days we are doing the different parks.

We know we want to do Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace(lunch) sometime during our stay. Are we better to book something and change if we need to or can we just do it day by day? We have 3 kids 9,5,2.

With 3 kids the ages of yours, I think I would make some more PSs. The Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree are very popular and you will have to wait awhile with out one.

It isn't too hard to figure out what days you will be at what parks. Do you want to do early entry or not? That narrows it down quickly and gives you a starting point.

I think PS are only as important as you want them to be. Dining at WDW is one of my favorite parts of being there, so I plan around it. I make a ton of PSs. Most wouldn't take it to the extreme that I do though. If there are one or two places that you're dying to eat at then definitly make a PS for that and wing the rest.

Remember to that you can make same day PSs by either calling Disney Dining from your room or going to any guest services booth in any of the parks.

Melissa

IMHO it all depends on the time of day you're eating, and the time of the day youre in WDW. This past December we were at MGM and it was around 4:45 in the afternoon. DW loves the Cobb Salad at Brown Derby, but we didn't have a PS scheduled. Just by chance we walked up to the front desk to see how long of a wait we had. DW, DD, DS, and I had a table in 5 minutes. Maybe we were just lucky, but if you go at an "off hour" you may luck out.

Brian

It doesn't hurt you if you make them and don't use them. Sometimes I've known ahead to cancel and sometimes not. I think it's better to have them and not use them if it works out that way. I was sadly turned away from Cantina in Epcot when I was really craving Mexican food and it still haunts me to this day.

On our last trip I made 2 PS beforehand (crystal palace and christmas lunch) any others we made on the day or the day before. It worked out very well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter