Are people trying to avoid Star Wars crowds?

Avoiding. Between Aug 2018 & Aug 2019 we will have taken 3 week long trips & three 4 day trips maxing out our APs & using all 2018-19 points (& borrowing some of 2020´s :sad2:).

We won’t be back until at least Aug 2020 maybe March 2021 & will invest in APs again. Tickets are so expensive and this way I get to avoid the SW madness.

I booked a long weekend in December at BCV in hopes of catching Galaxy's Edge. With our luck, it will open the week after we are there. We missed Toy Story Land by 5 days.

Avoiding! Planning on banking our 2019 points and doing perhaps two trips (Buy APs) in 2020. Considering a short DCL cruise for spring break 2020 with a few park days before just for Galaxy’s Edge. I know it will be insane but we can maneuver crowds for a few hours if there’s a relaxing cruise ahead of us!

I booked a long weekend in December at BCV in hopes of catching Galaxy's Edge. With our luck, it will open the week after we are there. We missed Toy Story Land by 5 days.
That is exactly what I’m afraid of. With them saying “Fall 2019” to me, that Sept-Nov. Dec is winter. So IMO, it would be open by Dec. I REALLY wanted to book the 2nd week of Dec to ensure it’s open(“ensure” is used loosely of course)but my daughter lives, breathes, and dies ballet and it’s stupid Nutcracker season. We’re stuck at shows through the 3rd week of December and I didn’t want to mix Star Wars and Xmas crowds. I’m a hardcore fan(I’m literally Star Wars Mom to my kids friends) but not THAT brave :scared:

Avoiding. Between Aug 2018 & Aug 2019 we will have taken 3 week long trips & three 4 day trips maxing out our APs & using all 2018-19 points (& borrowing some of 2020´s :sad2:).

We won’t be back until at least Aug 2020 maybe March 2021 & will invest in APs again. Tickets are so expensive and this way I get to avoid the SW madness.
Seems like a solid plan and at least you’ve got your Disney fix for and know you’ll be there in 2020 :yoda:

We are avoiding! Although, we love Star Wars. We are going this June. 2020 will be an Alaska cruise. Back to WDW in 2021.
This is it for us this year, we’re maxing out our points on 2 rooms. Aulani will be our 2020 and then back 2021, too! I’ve always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise - it’s just so gorgeous!

We are not necessarily avoiding but have plans to be there the second week of December 2019. We will not be going to HS however as it's more of our first time there during that time and we hope to just enjoy the Christmas decorations at the resorts. Maybe attend Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. If an opportunity to attend SW:GE presents itself, we'll take advantage of it.

I would love to go when SWGE opens, but November & December does not really work for me. Either I'll wait for May or September 2020 or I'll wait for 2021.

I dont really care about the crowds, maybe I would reconsider that thought if SWGE is just as crazy as Pandora was back in the day. Maybe SWGE will be even worse o_O

has not changed our plans at all.....same is how toy story or avatar had no effect on us. We go in March for spring break, or late may when school gets out. regardless of what "events" are going on.

That is the joy of going to wdw so often, if it is too crowded, we will see it next time when something else is the "next big thing".

We are BIG Star Wars fans but we are avoiding the opening and even up to 9 -12 -18-24 months later. I really think SW; GE will bring droves of new people to WDW in addition to the regular people who go or are interested in going anyway... Look at what Harry Potter did for Universal...

That is the joy of going to wdw so often, if it is too crowded, we will see it next time when something else is the "next big thing".

Good point! I’m still getting used to this DVC and the fact that we will be going more often(we had assumed our one in 2017 would be our last for a while-pre DVC). I’m excited to go in with the mindset of “eh, don’t need to rush around because we’ll be back”! :dancer:

We will be at WDW second week of December 2019. We have no plans to go to HS. I’m hoping AK is empty because we still haven’t been to Pandora or rode FOP.

Honestly, we are going June of this year and did the math, turned out for our dates Gold Annual Passes were the same cost as buying park hopper tickets and adding memory Maker, so we got an annual pass and will be back at least one more time, which will be after Galaxy's Edge opens. Since we live by Disneyland, we will probably go to Hollywood Studios on that trip and go to Mickey and Minnies runaway train, Rockin' roller coaster and such, but completely avoid Galaxy's Edge since it is supposed to be pretty much identical to Disneylands version.

Honestly, we are going June of this year and did the math, turned out for our dates Gold Annual Passes were the same cost as buying park hopper tickets and adding memory Maker, so we got an annual pass and will be back at least one more time, which will be after Galaxy's Edge opens. Since we live by Disneyland, we will probably go to Hollywood Studios on that trip and go to Mickey and Minnies runaway train, Rockin' roller coaster and such, but completely avoid Galaxy's Edge since it is supposed to be pretty much identical to Disneylands version.
SWGE is opening in Disneyland in June. At WDW it is opening late fall most likely middle to late December 2019.

SWGE is opening in Disneyland in June. At WDW it is opening late fall most likely middle to late December 2019.
On the earnings call a few days ago, Disney's CFO said WDW SWGE would open before the end of the fiscal year. That's September 30.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/02/07/star-wars-will-save-disney-world-sooner-than-you-t.aspx
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge may open in June in Disneyland and by September at Disney World.

I'd love that. Hope she is right!

We skipped our usual Oct and December trips in 2018 and will not be going in 2019 for personal reasons. Rented out hundreds of points.

Now I’m questioning 2020. I guess we could just skip DHS. I have already purchased our APs.

I forget where it’s at but Bob Iger corrected her to say it was calendar year not fiscal year. I can try and look for his quote.
Rats!

No need to look. It did seem too good to be true. Thanks for the Correction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter