Are people trying to avoid Star Wars crowds?

luvmychaos

Mouseketeer
We are going home the week before Thanksgiving. Obviously, I’ve been hanging out on the RAT quite a bit. It *seems* like things are being booked as quickly as I remember seeing last year? There seems to be avail for Nov and Dec, even during the holiday weeks. Since home window is open through XMas, I just assumed those would be snapped up quickly. Now while CCR seems to have the least availability, there is still some openings. Are people trying to avoid being there due to SWL potentially opening sometime “Fall 2019”? That coupled with usual crowds for holidays is obviously going to make things crazy busy. Or are people just trying to hold off until the exact dates are announced so they make sure they are there when it opens? I know it’s just conjecture but just trying to gauge things :scared:
We are squarely in the super excited for SWL category and I’m going to be so bummed if we miss it by a week or something :yoda: BUT we are DLR AP so we’ll have the one here(but WDW is better, DON’T SHOOT :P) * Edited to say that we know it’s Star Wars GE but we will always refer to it at Star Wars Land :joker: Haha. Didn’t want anyone thinking I don’t know my Star Wars :ewok: :D

Last edited:

We booked end of October and are booking January as well just to bookend when it could possibly open to be sure to be there early on.

I’m going in September and will likely switch to DL or TDL for the spring to avoid the insanity at WDW. At least it will have been open in DL for 9+ months by the time I would be there.

I’ll return to WDW early next fall after it’s died down a bit!

We booked end of October and are booking January as well just to bookend when it could possibly open to be sure to be there early on.
I am very tempted to do the same. Pandora opened right after we were there and I vowed it wouldn’t happen again :headache:

We are taking a longer/more luxurious trip in June 2019 with our 2019 and 2020 points purposefully bc we are planning on skipping fall of 2019 when we would usually do a long weekend, and possibly 2020 altogether - partly bc we feel like all of 2020 will be nuts with Star Wars, and partly bc summer 2019 will be our daughter’s last trip without needing a ticket. Ha. So we’ll take a year off before buying 4 tickets. I’m hoping summer 2021 won’t be as bad, but if they start the 50th stuff before the anniversary rather than after, it’ll be bonkers summer 2020 anyway. Oh well!

I am very tempted to do the same. Pandora opened right after we were there and I vowed it wouldn’t happen again :headache:
When we bought into DVC our contract closed just after the DVC previews had been booked. We were there, watching lines of DVC members go preview Pandora and were unable to attend....just missed opening. Hoping to not have to wait a year to see Star Wars.

We are going to be there at the beginning of December, not because of SW:GE but because we have a conference at WDW that week. Otherwise, we would be skipping any visits that are anywhere close to when it opens. In fact, we have no plans to visit HS during our trip unless there is a limited ticket event. Our APs run out in October and we plan to just attend the conference, pick up our continuing ed credits, and enjoy a few nice meals with our colleagues.

Our plan is to avoid Disney for 2020, letting the dust settle..... but I'm having a hard time. I keep checking availability and then talk myself out of it. We all know I'm going to cave.
Why is it so hard????

After our November 2019 trip we are sitting out 2020 as well, and probably won't go until Fall 2021. It's going to be a painful 23 months!!!

Last edited:
Our plan is to avoid Disney for 2020, letting the dust settle..... but I'm having a hard time. I keep checking availability and then talk myself out of it. We all know I'm going to cave.
Why is it so hard????

I keep telling myself we are doing a big trip in June of 2019 and won't be back until June 2021...but I know I am probably kidding myself and at least I will probably head down for a long weekend next summer (2020) just to check things out with a friend or sibling. But the family (husband and kids who are 2 and almost 5) is definitely sitting out 2020 to let the dust settle.

We are not avoiding the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy Edge. But we have no plans to be at Star Wars for the opening, but will consider going if it just happens to open during our early December 2019 trip. But unless we have FPs I doubt we would do more than just walk through to see what it looks like. We couldn't get FPs for FOP in Pandora for a couple of trips so I expect we will have more similar problems with the Star Wars attractions, especially the Millennium Falcon ride.

In the avoiding camp! We went twice this past year, and will go none this year. We probably will skip 2020 too, but might get anxious to return.
We are SW fans of the first 3 films, and will only go to SWGE to look around when it is not too crowded. Have fun everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter