Are people always like this? - A Solo Adventure Spring Break 2018 (Completed 5/20/18)

Thanks for the tip about the lightroom app. Usually I just snap pics with my phone and edit whatever I ended up with on my computer via Paintshop, but I went and downloaded that app and really liked the preview I saw. Guess now I don't have an excuse to take good photos on my next trip. :rotfl:

Glad you finally got to experience an Epcot festival; personally, I think Flower and Garden is the best one. :goodvibes

I, too, hate the photobucket debacle. I've slowly been going through my old reports and fixing all the images that were taken away. It's rough going. :rotfl2: Now, I direct upload my ten images and if I have more than that then I use Flickr for the rest.

Pretty nice that Frozen was only 30-ish minutes during EMH. That's much better than the regular wait times.
Cool! The app works well for me.

I’m glad I get to see both major festivals in the same year to compare.

I have so many photos that it would take me forever to change over all of my photos from old trip reports.

That’s why I took advantage of it since I didn’t get a FP.

Great pictures of the Flower and Garden festival! I have been to all three now, and I think that one was my favorite. It could also be because I feel like we made the most out of that one, but I really enjoyed it.

I just got an iPhone 8 plus so I will have to check out that app! I LOVE taking pictures on my phone, which is why I got the one with 256 gigs LOL.

I haven't seen Coco yet. I wanted to watch it Monday since it was a Holiday and I was home, but I didn't get around to it. Maybe this weekend. I really want to watch it!

Great pictures of the Flower and Garden festival! I have been to all three now, and I think that one was my favorite. It could also be because I feel like we made the most out of that one, but I really enjoyed it.

I just got an iPhone 8 plus so I will have to check out that app! I LOVE taking pictures on my phone, which is why I got the one with 256 gigs LOL.

I haven't seen Coco yet. I wanted to watch it Monday since it was a Holiday and I was home, but I didn't get around to it. Maybe this weekend. I really want to watch it!
Thanks!

I have the 256 GB too!

Coco is really good but be prepared to tear up.

I still have never made it on Gran Fiesta. I enjoyed your pictures. I really liked Coco, also. Sounds like a good evening in Epcot.

Boy, that was one serious group of riders on Test Track. Are you sure the car was moving when they took the picture?

And yeah, making out in a Disney Park is kind of weird to me, regarding of age, sex or whatever. But especially in a queue. Maybe the guys got a thing for ice queens!

Edit: Oh and photobucket really pissed me off when they locked everything up. All my old TRs are without pictures now and no way I have the time to convert them...

Boy, that was one serious group of riders on Test Track. Are you sure the car was moving when they took the picture?

And yeah, making out in a Disney Park is kind of weird to me, regarding of age, sex or whatever. But especially in a queue. Maybe the guys got a thing for ice queens!

Edit: Oh and photobucket really pissed me off when they locked everything up. All my old TRs are without pictures now and no way I have the time to convert them...
Lol, I guess everyone is just used to riding in a convertible?

The wife did have an Elsa look going on...

They made a lot of people mad.

Grr Photobucket!

Interesting about the skeletons in Grand Fiesta Tour inspiring Coco. That's a cool piece of trivia.

What's not cool is the people in front of you on line for Frozen. I would say that I'm surprised that anyone would do that in public, but ... I see it on the subway more than I'd like to admit. I'm not opposed to PDA, but maybe tone it down to a more polite level?
Although I'm kinda curious what might have happened once they got on the ride ... oh well, I guess we'll never know.

Grr Photobucket!

Interesting about the skeletons in Grand Fiesta Tour inspiring Coco. That's a cool piece of trivia.

What's not cool is the people in front of you on line for Frozen. I would say that I'm surprised that anyone would do that in public, but ... I see it on the subway more than I'd like to admit. I'm not opposed to PDA, but maybe tone it down to a more polite level?
Although I'm kinda curious what might have happened once they got on the ride ... oh well, I guess we'll never know.
Yeah I’m not opposed to it either but that was just a bit much. I was kind of secretly hoping to get the same boat as them...

Is it Black Friday?

So a week or two before I saw Animal Kingdom was doing a special preview of Animal Kingdom 20th anniversary merchandise for Annual Passholders. Well of course I had to take advantage of it. It started at 7AM. The park opened at 8AM. None of the other parks opened until 9AM. So I woke up early of course hoping to get on the first Animal Kingdom bus possible. I contemplated Minnie Van but I was hesitant to spend $25. A mother and daughter were also waiting for the bus when I got there. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and even Hollywood Studios buses all came at like 6:30AM. I don't know why those buses were even running at that hour because none of the parks opened and there are no breakfast ADRs that early. Finally at 6:55AM the Animal Kingdom bus came. You would have thought it would have came the earliest since it had morning Extra Magic Hours and this event but I guess not. Anyways I got to Animal Kingdom just after 7AM.

I walked right in easily through the AP entrance.

IMG_3425 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

It's so early!

So my main goal was to get the Animal Kingdom 20th Magicband and the pin. A friend also wanted the Magicband. I walk in the store and it is a complete frenzy! All the Magicbands were gone and people could not move. They put all the 20th merchandise in one little spot. They obviously didn't expect the people. Note to Disney- PEOPLE GO CRAZY FOR MERCH EXPECT CHAOS!

I thought I was out of luck so I walked to the other less crazy end of the Island Mercantile. I got in line to buy a pin since that is all they had I wanted. The Magicbands were supposedly going to get more stock later. Luckily while in line for the pin a CM found a box of magicbands. I of course wanted two but there were only two left in the box he had so I took one and the person behind me got the last one. I planned on going there again later to see if they got more.

IMG_3427 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3428 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3429 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3430 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I wish I was going to be at Animal Kingdom for the 20th. I love that park.

My plan for the day was Epcot but I figured while I was there I should ride some attractions. The park didn't open yet but I went over to the bridge to Pandora to wait for the opening.

Let the chaos commence! We were allowed inside the land finally and we were taken through the extended outdoor queue for Flight of Passage. This is before 8AM so maybe 7:50ish?

IMG_3431 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3432 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3434 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3436 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Upon entering the Flight of Passage queue we were routed through the Fastpass side instead of going through the entire regular queue. I was off of Flight of Passage around 8:05AM. Off to Navi River Journey next! About 5-10 minute wait for that and I was on!

IMG_3437 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3440 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3442 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3447 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3449 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I enjoy this ride but I wish it was a little longer. I headed out of Pandora and decided to get one more ride in before leaving. Expedition Everest!

IMG_3702 2 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Time to head out and go to Epcot for some more Flower and Garden fun!

Up Next: Let's get evac'd!

I don't know why those buses were even running at that hour because none of the parks opened and there are no breakfast ADRs that early. Finally at 6:55AM the Animal Kingdom bus came. You would have thought it would have came the earliest since it had morning Extra Magic Hours and this event but I guess not. Anyways I got to Animal Kingdom just after 7AM.

They obviously didn't expect the people. Note to Disney- PEOPLE GO CRAZY FOR MERCH EXPECT CHAOS!

The logic behind some Disney management decisions really baffles me sometimes. They do so many other things correctly that these sorts of missteps really stand out.

Love, love, love the pins! I admire your mb collection, I can't commit to buying one. I don't get why they had the merch in one small corner. They did that at the MNSSHP on Main Street and there was one small back corner with the merch. Madness.

Jealous that you got the pin. If there is a pin I would want, it is that one since AK is my favorite park as well.

Great photos of the floating mountains!!! One thing I have enjoyed about the floating mountains is each picture I take of it is different. It really reflects what the weather is like outside or where the sun is pointing.

The logic behind some Disney management decisions really baffles me sometimes. They do so many other things correctly that these sorts of missteps really stand out.

Each area of Disney has a different management team. People always go crazy for merchandise especially anniversary stuff for APs and yet they didn't seem prepared for it.

Love, love, love the pins! I admire your mb collection, I can't commit to buying one. I don't get why they had the merch in one small corner. They did that at the MNSSHP on Main Street and there was one small back corner with the merch. Madness.

For a special merchandise event they should put out an extra table or something that is accessible so they don't have craziness like this.

Jealous that you got the pin. If there is a pin I would want, it is that one since AK is my favorite park as well.

Great photos of the floating mountains!!! One thing I have enjoyed about the floating mountains is each picture I take of it is different. It really reflects what the weather is like outside or where the sun is pointing.
I was very happy to get that pin and hopefully I will be getting the other 20th pin they have now.

I loved how the sun was shining on the mountains that morning!

That pin and MagicBand look really cool even though I’m not into buying Magicbands. Also your pics of Pandora are really awesome. I do agree with you that I wish Navi River Journey was a little longer but I still enjoy it.

Luckily while in line for the pin a CM found a box of magicbands. I of course wanted two but there were only two left in the box he had so I took one and the person behind me got the last one. I planned on going there again later to see if they got more.
I, for one, really appreciate that! I once was waiting for an AP pin at Disneyland. The guy in front of me got the very last 2 and he knew it, and knew I wanted one too. I tried walking all over the DLR to find it, but everywhere else was sold out. It was pretty annoying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter