Are pace groups gone from RunDisney?

RENThead09

DIS Veteran
Was very surprised to have no pace groups at the Dark Side half marathon this past weekend. I asked about it at the RunDisney table and they said that it was nothing permanent.

They also suggested I talk to the Jeff Galloway table and see if he had any groups that were planning on running I could connect with. WHAT???????

Clif has the Tinkerbell listed on their website as a location they will be at.
But they are not mentioned in the program and are not listed in the expo. Luna is a sponsor, so not sure if there is a conflict there causing that.

Just hoping that they do not stop offering this service at the races.
anyone heard anything at all on this?

The pace groups are usually offered by the different groups and I believe they were never "officially" runDisney. My running group still puts together pacing groups if we can get someone to guide the group but I know for SW there was really only the group who was doing slow and steady and not anything for faster running. Usually people in the same corrals group together during our meet ups and then figure it out day of.

Clif doesn't do them all; they have limited numbers of people. So it seems that Dark Side wasn't one they could do.

Go with what Clif's site says. Sign up with them! When I did that they sent me a little goodie box. :)

But...you do have to be assigned to the corral that matches your intended pace, or catch up or fall back to them. (though if you're falling back to them, you can just go back to that corral) So it's possible to have them there but not see your pacer, and if you timed it just right you might never see a pacer on the courses.

As @bumbershoot said, Clif has only so many people they can use as pacers and limited resources to send them to various races they sponsor. I expect them to be at marathon weekend and the other larger Disney events as long as they continue to be a sponsor of the race.

Clif Pacers were at the Princess and I am so grateful to them. This was the first time I followed a pace group and she got us in in under two hours. My first sub two-hour!!! They had a small booth at the expo. I am not good at pacing myself..for example my long run the other day was one mile 8:30 next at 9:30 and many other fluctuating miles. I hope to follow a group again at the Tinkerbell Half.
You can go to the Clif Bar website and find what races they participate in.

I have a co worker who is a pace runner for Clif and will be at Tinkerbell. She is so awesome, but I'm hoping to be ahead of her.

I have a co worker who is a pace runner for Clif and will be at Tinkerbell. She is so awesome, but I'm hoping to be ahead of her.

They have the pacers with photos on the web page and who is running what pace. I had Diane but she is doing the 2:15 group for the Tinkerbell.

I ran with them at Princess and look forward to running with them again at Tinkerbell.
The 2:45 leader at Princess was amazing (and I finished at 2:38).
Was hoping to break 2:30 at Dark Side but will take care of that at Tinkerbell I guess.
Its a great service, just kinda frustrating that they don't offer it at all the races. (Clif or someone else)
Thanks for all the great replies and info.

Dark Side was the same weekend as Boston. It is possible that many of the Clif Bar pacers were at the Boston Marathon.

I ran with them at Princess and look forward to running with them again at Tinkerbell.
The 2:45 leader at Princess was amazing (and I finished at 2:38).
Was hoping to break 2:30 at Dark Side but will take care of that at Tinkerbell I guess.
Its a great service, just kinda frustrating that they don't offer it at all the races. (Clif or someone else)
Thanks for all the great replies and info.

I ran with a 2:45 pace group for awhile at princess but lost them when I made a character stop in MK. :laughing: Great times for princess and darkside! I was very happy with my darkside time (2:40) given that its disney. but 2:30 in a normal race is my eventual goal - next goal I think is going to be 2:36 and work down from there until I get there. Next disney race for me is dumbo.:cheer2:

I ran with a 2:45 pace group for awhile at princess but lost them when I made a character stop in MK. :laughing: Great times for princess and darkside! I was very happy with my darkside time (2:40) given that its disney. but 2:30 in a normal race is my eventual goal - next goal I think is going to be 2:36 and work down from there until I get there. Next disney race for me is dumbo.:cheer2:

Ahhhhh! Jacque!! Funny meeting you here!! Yay!!

-------

Back to the pacer question - I don't remember seeing them at Wine & Dine, but I know they were at Disneyland Half, WDW Marathon Weekend, Princess and they will be at Tink.

Someone mentioned above that Dark Side coincided with Boston, so that explains that. I also think people should be ready for no pacers at W&D this year because that's the same weekend as NYC Marathon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter