Are FULL names needed on hotel confirmation for 144 hour China visa?

bfaber

Mouseketeer
I've read where sometimes they ask for hotel confirmation and sometimes they don't for proof for the 144 hour visa. I have everyone's first and last names on the hotel confirmations but not middle names. Do I need to go through the hassle of trying to get middle names added to match passport. Does that REALLY matter???

Hey,

I just had my visa issued (on Monday in fact!) and I did not have my middle name on the booking. All my hotel reservations were in Jay (my given name) and my passport says Jade (don't reveal my secret please). I didn't use my middle name at all. They approved it first time with no questions. As long as your reservations match your itinerary you'll be fine.

I got the impression that the bizarrely onerous requirements are to give them grounds to reject you if they don't want to let you in, say if they think you might be a journalist or activist. Despite all my anxiety about the visa it really wasn't as bad as I'd read online, and as long as you read and complete the form diligently it's straightforward to do on your own.

I've read where sometimes they ask for hotel confirmation and sometimes they don't for proof for the 144 hour visa. I have everyone's first and last names on the hotel confirmations but not middle names. Do I need to go through the hassle of trying to get middle names added to match passport. Does that REALLY matter???

on our hotel confirmation we have the names listed exactly as our passports have our name.
I would say make sure your passport matches the names on the reservation because you never know how strict they can or cannot be when it comes to the 144 hour visa.

long story short; better safe then sorry?

I've read different things when it comes to the 144 hour visa. I would agree with aleh021 and email to have a new reservation sent with the full names.
It really depends on who the person checking your documents when you arrive in Shanghai.

They wanted to see our confirmation, but I am not sure whether they checked it against both of our names. Chinese Hotels are used to the need of names in reservations for the normal visas, so it should not be too difficult to get and it’s better to have and not need than the other way around.

They wanted to see our confirmation, but I am not sure whether they checked it against both of our names. Chinese Hotels are used to the need of names in reservations for the normal visas, so it should not be too difficult to get and it’s better to have and not need than the other way around.
When we made our reservation, my boss didn’t put all of our names on the reservation for the hotel (Toy Story). How do we go about doing so? We are having trouble contacting them to do this.

When we made our reservation, my boss didn’t put all of our names on the reservation for the hotel (Toy Story). How do we go about doing so? We are having trouble contacting them to do this.

I called them using the feature in Skype where you can call real phone lines if you put a small amount of money on your account. It didn’t cost much at all. They spoke English.

I emailed them and asked them (Toy Story Hotel) to put all of our full names on our reservation, two days later I received a new confirmation email with all of our names.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter