Are female cast members permitted to wear their hair in a ponytail or bun?

ResilientRabbit

Earning My Ears
Hi! My Traditions class is in just a few days! Yeah! But I am seriously overthinking the "Disney Look" hair issue.

My hair is shoulder length, but it does have layers. If I leave it down, it can start to look messy after a few hours. Especially when working in the summer heat. I plan to get it cut into a very simple, conservative style in a week or two; but I won't be able to do so before Traditions. (Hair dresser is out of town and I'm a bit low on funds at the moment anyway).

So I think that the best way to look sleek and professional for Traditions is either a very smooth & shiny pony or a ballet bun.

Are those options acceptable? It doesn't seem to mention either in the Look Book.

Thanks!

I don't know the official DLR rules, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing CMs wearing neat ponytails and neat buns. Once our peak summer weather starts, we'll probably be seeing lots of female CMs wearing their hair this way.
Maybe try looking for Google images of CM hairstyles in the parks? I'm sure you'll see some ponytails and buns.

I don't know the official DLR rules, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing CMs wearing neat ponytails and neat buns. Once our peak summer weather starts, we'll probably be seeing lots of female CMs wearing their hair this way.
Maybe try looking for Google images of CM hairstyles in the parks? I'm sure you'll see some ponytails and buns.
Thanks! I have to believe that Disney would find this more professional than the frizzy, sweaty hair that normally comes with summer, right? I just couldn’t recall what looks I had seen amongst cast members

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!