Are DL hopper tickets date based?

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
We are pricing out different weeks in April.
With the newest discount .... 3 nights at PP.... it's quoted at $1292.
A week later, no discount it's $1512. Difference of $222
But when we add tickets, hopper plus Max Pass.... There is only $74 difference!

The tickets for April 8-11 come up $891
And the tickets for April 14-17 come up $744

What am I missing?? Or is this normal?? Why would tickets cost more when the resort is discounted?

(yes, I checked to make sure it is checked off for hopper and Max Pass)

Yes, date based. Prime time and not.

I thought that multi day tickets weren't yet subjected to peak/off-peak price fluctuations at DL? (I know WDW just implemented this though)

I would buy your tickets from Last Minute Travel... one price and you save some money!

I second lmt - heard about it from here and just bought tickets for my upcoming trip from them. Much cheaper than anywhere else I looked. Have scanned the e tickets emailed to me into the DL app with no issues...

As of now, DL only varies price for single day tickets so something seems odd. Even if they were to implement this for multiday tickets all your dates are in Peak pricing (per the current calendar for single day tickets) so it wouldn't matter. This sounds silly but are they both for the same number of days (ie- is one price a 2 day and one is a 3 day)? I'm having trouble aligning either of the prices you listed to actual ticket prices-how many days are you trying to do and how many adult and child tickets?

I agree that you're better off buying your tickets separately from LMT club though.

Yes, date based. Prime time and not.
?? but the less expensive ones are the week before Easter which I thought was "peak"?

I would buy your tickets from Last Minute Travel... one price and you save some money!
Thought of this..... however, I am pricing out a package.... resort + tickets from Disney online... because we live in OH and if we have to cancel I don't want to be stuck with tickets I may not use. We are veteran WDW visitors.

As of now, DL only varies price for single day tickets so something seems odd. Even if they were to implement this for multiday tickets all your dates are in Peak pricing (per the current calendar for single day tickets) so it wouldn't matter. This sounds silly but are they both for the same number of days (ie- is one price a 2 day and one is a 3 day)? I'm having trouble aligning either of the prices you listed to actual ticket prices-how many days are you trying to do and how many adult and child tickets?

I agree that you're better off buying your tickets separately from LMT club though.
Yes, 2 adults, 3-night stay, 4-day hopper + Max Pass. And I entered it like 4 times to make sure I didn't type in something different. EXACT same type of ticket, except for the dates and the one quote is with the discount on the resort and the other has no discounts out yet. Actually pulled up the price and then just hit "edit" for the dates and it changed the price of the resort (which I expected it to) and then the totals. The price difference for the resort was $222, but the total was only $74.

I know WDW went to date-based for multi-day, but didn't think DL did?!
just didn't know if DL discounts tickets for some reason??

The multiday tickets are not date based.

I’ve heard the Disneyland packages have extra fees. Precisely why I’ve never bought a package.

The value of the tickets has no expiration. If you dont use them this trip you could get credit in the future. But with LMT you only need to buy a couple days before you leave. They’re e-mailed to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter