Are Disney parks no longer for the Middle class?

When you are comparing, you can't exclude the price of AP's.

See, that's just it, when doing my comparison's or justifications, or rationalizations, or what ever anyone may want to call it I can include or exclude anything I want. I am not really advocating that anyone else use my comparisons. They are my way of thinking about it but don't need to be anyone else's. The bottom line in all this and basically is where I thought the discussion was leading is can certain folks afford Disney or not. I you can afford to go then go, if you have to go in debt or forgo other things that my be more necessary to make the trip, then don't go. Gosh knows I could afford to stay in much nicer resorts and spend way more on food and experiences, but choose not to because I have other things in life that I want to spend my money on. It goes back to my very first post in this thread that Middle Class is being defined in terms of income when in the end one should be more concerned with net worth and accumulated wealth as opposed to income solely. I know many high income people with no savings or much net worth and people with solid middle class income who are very wealthy.

Each family has to make the choice about what is right for them.

See, that's just it, when doing my comparison's or justifications, or rationalizations, or what ever anyone may want to call it I can include or exclude anything I want. I am not really advocating that anyone else use my comparisons. They are my way of thinking about it but don't need to be anyone else's. The bottom line in all this and basically is where I thought the discussion was leading is can certain folks afford Disney or not. I you can afford to go then go, if you have to go in debt or forgo other things that my be more necessary to make the trip, then don't go. Gosh knows I could afford to stay in much nicer resorts and spend way more on food and experiences, but choose not to because I have other things in life that I want to spend my money on. It goes back to my very first post in this thread that Middle Class is being defined in terms of income when in the end one should be more concerned with net worth and accumulated wealth as opposed to income solely. I know many high income people with no savings or much net worth and people with solid middle class income who are very wealthy.

Each family has to make the choice about what is right for them.

I agree with you, but you simply can’t pretend that you didn’t fork over the money for the APs while everyone else is including ticket price in their budgets. Unless someone gifted them to you, you paid for them at some point. That’s all I meant when I said you need to include that cost. Otherwise it’s disingenuous.

I agree with you, but you simply can’t pretend that you didn’t fork over the money for the APs while everyone else is including ticket price in their budgets. Unless someone gifted them to you, you paid for them at some point. That’s all I meant when I said you need to include that cost. Otherwise it’s disingenuous.
Yep.

Of course it’s for middle class and up. No question.
Do we stay at the Deluxe resorts? No, only value or moderate. Park hopping?Nope. And not much fancy eating.
Lots of ways to save and make it very affordable to go for a week.

Last edited:

Andddd another ticket price increase today. If I'm remembering correctly that is after there were 2 increases last year.

I thought maybe if my son gets into the DCP we would look at getting APs. Yowza! I haven't looked at them in a long time. $1200 per person. Times 4.

We may be getting Universal APs and supplement with the couple of free tickets my son can get with his DCP if he gets in.

Yup, I put my money where my mouth is, I wish everyone else did too.

Everyone complains about the cost of fancy iPhones, but they are lined up to get one when the next one is out. I say the same thing, that $1000 for a phone is outrageous, only I buy and use a <$100 phone while they all continue spending a fortune.

Everyone complains about the cost of cars. I would LOVE to have a truck again, but $40,000 for a truck is ridiculous. Thus I drive a Mazda 3 while everyone else complains about the payment on their $40k trucks and complains about it costing $80 to fill it.

It's that way with everything. I spent a 17 year marriage in massive debt because someone else had to have all that expensive stuff whether we could pay the bills or not and it took divorce and 4.5 years to fix it and I'm not going back in debt. My final task is to pay off my car 1.5 years early in another month, almost exactly 4.5 years after divorce and starting over again with nothing but a junk car, clothing, part of my next paycheck, very little left of my retirement and debt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!