• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are 4 days enough?

wkrider

DVC home: Wilderness Lodge Villas
My DW and I are planning a trip to Dp in June of 06 :cool1: . How many days do you need to really enjoy the park and not "combat park"? pirate: We have never been there and want to make sure we give ourselves enough time to enjoy everything. :teeth:

Thanks in advance. :chat:

We find 4 days (3 nights) is the perfect time to stay at DLRP. It's enough time to do everything without having too much time. We usually head to the main park on Day 1 and do a few rides but really just take in the atmosphere and walk around - later we watch the evening parade and fireworks. On Day 2 we go straight to Disney Studios, and head straight for the Moteurs Action stunt show - after that we do the rest of the park and usually head over to the main park around mid afternoon for the parade. We then do rides and shows until going going back to the hotekl to change and then go back to the park for dinner at The Blue Lagoon - our fave restaurant. Day 3 is more rides but also queuing for the Lion King Show - also watch the parades in the afternoon and evening. On the last day we have usually done most things and get some serious shopping done while going back to fave rides like Pirates of the Caribbean and probably a 2nd (and 3rd like last time) viewing of the awesome Tarzan Experience. Then we head to the station and off home, ready to get back and book the next trip!

I didn't mean to write that much when I started off - 4 days is a good time, it's what we did on or first trip and do now - works for us anyway.

Most of our previous visits, with 3 youngsters in tow, have been over 3 nights/4 days.
This has always been more than enough to get round both parks.
Normally 1/2 - 1 day at Studios and the remainder at DLP.

Planning a 7 day stay over the summer as we are hoping to spend more time going round the whole resort - hotels, val d'europe.

Reid

I would say so, yes. We found 3 nights / 4 days didn't quite give us enough time (but we were there at a busy time so you should be OK)

Our plan is for four days at Disney :cool1: then we are going to Paris for five or six days, not quite sure yet. I appreciate the information. It is still a while out but we :grouphug: are very excited. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :banana:

Depends how many of the rides you want to do, how much shopping etc. We go for 4 nights/5 days - this gives us plenty of time to do the rides we like several times and also do a fair bit of shopping (2 women!!) If you don't want to do much shopping, or you know there are a lot of rides you're not bothered about, then obviously you wouldn't need as much time. Also we like to meet the characters so if you're not bothered about that again you wouldn't need as much time.

Rhiannon :wizard:

went to disneyland paris last year and didnt like it at all had 2 days there (too much)
i love france but disney belongs in florida i love it there.
the french couldnt organise anything and the parks are totally disorganised.

lagunn said:
went to disneyland paris last year and didnt like it at all had 2 days there (too much)
i love france but disney belongs in florida i love it there.
the french couldnt organise anything and the parks are totally disorganised.

We've been to DLRP once and WDW many times.

We found the DLRP parks very well organised. I guess it goes to show that we all have different experiences.

The only thing I disliked about DLRP was the madness that occurred whenever a character appeared!

I definitely could not cover everything in two days!

For us, DLRP is every bit as magical (though obviously smaller with less to do) as WDW or Florida. In fact, its compact size is a plus point probably as it is great to be able to walk everywhere - no waiting for buses or driving when you are really tired.

Karen

I absolutely agree with Karen - DLP isn't WDW but it has it's own charms and we love it too. :love: I also agree about the madness when characters appear and they could certainly do with some organisation there but apart from that we found the organisation good - possibly because we always go in term time when it's quiet. :goodvibes One weekend we went in December it was indeed chaos and they certainly weren't able to feed everyone in the parks - horrendous queues, but Christmas time is probably exceptional. Yes - it is great not having to queue for buses back to the resort in blazing heat and with sore feet like in Orlando!! WDW is still the most wonderful place on earth but DLP has a lot going for it too - especially if you have limited funds or a fear of flying (like someone I know!!! ;) ) to go to WDW

We love France and DLRP :) While the troops are little this is a good way to get the Disney Mag?c, without the Transatlantic flight.

Agree with others it would be good if they sorted queuing when characters appeared. Currently it is a scrum, unless you go when it is quieter. :confused3

Reid

WDW is still the most wonderful place on earth but DLP has a lot going for it too - especially if you have limited funds or a fear of flying (like someone I know!!!

yes i am sorry i did not take this into consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter