APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

Could someone please clarify this for me.....
if I have 2 upcoming on-site trips and an AP - I'll be able to upgrade/purchase 3 magic bands?
TIA!
yes, you can either get 3 free ones, upgrade all 3, or do a combo.

Does anyone want to speculate about when they might add more/different choices? We have until October to choose and I don't know how patiently I can wait...

My order processed with no issues this evening. Must be some of the bugs are worked out. For reference I used Safari

Our trip is June 18th and although the announcement is there on the band/ticket page saying we have until 11 days before our trip there is no choice to change ours. Guess because we had already chosen. Who knows?
Our stay begins on the same day (June 18) and I was able to choose and customize these new bands this afternoon. Our last day to select MBs under the "old" system was Friday. As a precaution, however, I declined MBs last week on the chance the new system would go live before our trip.

Best guess - if the last day to customize MBs under the old system occurred before today and a guest selected bands by that date (or didn't select anything and defaulted to the standard grey bands), the order is being processed and new bands can't be selected. If a guest previously declined MBs and there is still time to customize under the new system (11 days), however, the guest can select and customize from the new bands even if the last day to customize under the old system already passed.

Best guess - if the last day to customize MBs under the old system occurred before today and a guest selected bands by that date (or didn't select anything and defaulted to the standard grey bands), the order is being processed and new bands can't be selected. If a guest previously declined MBs and there is still time to customize under the new system (11 days), however, the guest can select and customize from the new bands even if the last day to customize under the old system already passed.

Just to add to this, if you’re international the 11 day deadline doesn’t apply, you just have to customize by 6 days before!

Our stay begins on the same day (June 18) and I was able to choose and customize these new bands this afternoon. Our last day to select MBs under the "old" system was Friday. As a precaution, however, I declined MBs last week on the chance the new system would go live before our trip.

Mine has been saying hurry and select bands can be shipped at any minute for over a week, probably closer to 2. We have already gotten our first set (staying one night at AOA, then to Boardwalk the next day) last week. Idk why they didn’t ship our second set yet. My sister and parents already have both sets for the same trip dates as me. I had to redo mine today as it wiped out my choices.

YAY! Hours to spare! Of course my kids FOUGHT over the Epcot one. Of all the bands THAT'S the one they fight over?!? I told them they could both get it. Nope. :rolleyes:

I'm just happy for my Thumper and DH gets his Donald Duck.

How far in advance can you customize magic bands? We have a trip July 3 and I have not yet received notification.

How far in advance can you customize magic bands? We have a trip July 3 and I have not yet received notification.
You can start to customize them as soon as you have a trip and they show in your Disney experience. Not sure if that will change with the new ones that came out today. I originally customized mine in August. Got new bands today and completed the order.

When are they shipping now? Do you have an option on when to ship?

We are going on am 8 night DCL, plus arriving in Orlando the day before. So we're leaving 9 days before check in.

Will they still arrive in time? We don't plan on upgrading, though I don't think it makes.

Hopefully they thought this out enough to account for people who travel before going to wdw.

After getting different errors (but not stitch) all morning, I was able to see them in the early afternoon or so and after my kids and dh got home ordered Thanos, Sorcerer Mickey, HM, and Disney food for us. Today was our last day to customize, so I’m glad this went live today and I was able to complete it.

Earlier, I was able to customize my bands for the second part of my split stay. I actually did not love any of the options for myself, but I upgraded my sister’s band to the “all about the bow” Minnie Mouse design. I’ll just wear my Tiana band for our June trip.

So excited! I can still customize our bands and pick up at the resort for our mid June trip.

So many choices!

Our trip is June 18th and although the announcement is there on the band/ticket page saying we have until 11 days before our trip there is no choice to change ours. Guess because we had already chosen. Who knows?

Mine says the same thing, but wouldn't let me change it. I contacted Disney via online chat this morning, and they said since they were already being processed there was nothing they could do.

Wish we would have waited and not selected the solid bands. Our last day to customize by was May 16, so I went ahead and selected those. If I had known it would change to 11 days out, I would have waited, but didn't want to chance getting gray ones at the hotel. At least I didn't tell my kids this was even a possibility so they won't be disappointed. We'll just get some cute decals to put on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!