APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

I can't even login to the MDE.........everytime there's a new rollout this type of thing happens. With all the money the Disney company has you'd think they could hire some testers and do a load test.........>:(

UPDATE @ 12:45 - I was able to access the site :-). To be honest.........the variety is limited if you ask me......may stay with my BLUE MB

Doug :goofy:

Last edited:
It seems to be working now. I was able to order one this morning (early - around 6 am), and I just went in now and was able to order for my other stay. I was not able to get in earlier today - around 11 AM.

I hope fastpass and ADR people didnt have issues making those this morning if today was their day.

EDIT - meant to quote the PP about logging into MDE :)

It looks like it’s making me choose my basic bands color again, but I keep getting error or no results. I just want my plain bands sent.
Just go in and reorder all your free ones again and see if that works. I had to order the new ones for whoever wanted them and the regular free one for someone who didn’t then it worked. I saw someone mention something about that here and it did work

I didnt see anyone saying they weren't happy with the selections, just like me, unhappy we can't get through to select them!
I had problems too until I ordered new bands for everyone including one I had previously ordered that was free. It was like submitting a brand new order

I can't even login to the MDE.........everytime there's a new rollout this type of thing happens. With all the money the Disney company has you'd think they could hire some testers and do a load test.........>:(

Doug :goofy:

They really do need to grandfather this stuff in.
Oh well, these multi-national billion dollar global companies will never learn that their IT is never up to scratch. (Yes, I work for one!)

I finally got through and ... meh. Stuck with the free colors.

Our deadline is tomorrow and I'd already chosen our colors, but like others said, our choices had disappeared. Just a heads up so everyone knows to go in and reselect their bands.

Mine finally worked with no issue about 30 minutes ago.

I do know several people got it to work with refreshing this morning but that didn't work for me.

I didnt see anyone saying they weren't happy with the selections, just like me, unhappy we can't get through to select them!

Multiple people unhappy with the choices available. Good news is the regular bands are still there for free.

When you finish customizing you will check out and apply payment for that transaction. It does not bring in your default credit card info or reference your card applied to the reservation.

After I selected the band I wanted, I just clicked complete. There was nothing about payment.

After I selected the band I wanted, I just clicked complete. There was nothing about payment.
Do you select one of the original 8 solid color magicbands that are still free or one of the graphic bands available as an upgrade?

Any Canadians having trouble choosing bands...try changing from the Canadian site to the American site. That’s what I had to do and then it worked! Our Magic Bands have been successfully upgraded! :hyper:
Just tried it and it says "Access Unavailable" :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter