• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April trip - hotels already booked

laura&fam

Your stunned silence is very reassuring
I am trying to convince my husband to go back to DL for our anniversary at the end of April. When I looked into hotels the California Grand is already booked - 5 months out!

Is this normal? Is something going on the last week of April? I can change the dates now to avoid the crowds.

Does anyone know anything going on that would cause the hotels to fill up?

laura&fam

I would call the Disneyland Resort reservations directly. Many times I have looked online and it says "no availablity" but when I call they have plenty. They release rooms a block at a time for their online reservations so what they have thus far released may be sold out but that doesn't mean the hotel itself is. Also check Expedia and hotels.com, they will also often have availablity. That is probably the tail end of spring breaks and things are busier than usual with the 50th but I would be surprised if it was totally sold out this far in advance.

I have ressie in April 2006 and made them I want to say at the end of Sept.
because that is spring break. I went the first part to avoid the crowds.
Keep calling they always have cancelations and also you can go through a travel agent they alot so many for a travel agent. ::MickeyMo

Thanks. I had forgotten about spring break.

I think we'll reschedule since I have a hard time with crowds.

We're thinking about a March 2006 trip, either the third or fourth week of the month. When I checked availablity, all three hotels had vacancies for the weeks we were looking at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter